LegacyGT.com

Transmission issue

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Subaru Outback 3.6L and when I'm stopped at a stop sign/traffic light, usually while the engine is still cold (but not always) the car tries to lurch forward several times in quick succession. Holding the break will is important because I'm afraid my car will want to hit the car in front of me. This lurching effect occurs about 4-5 times before it ceases altogether, until I reach the next traffic light.

I have read about problems where other owners experience problems where the car will brake oddly because of CVT issues while going 10-15 mph, however, this is not my issue.

I have one belt that is a bit old and can use replacing as it makes a squealing noise. Spraying it with water will cause the squealing to stop however, I usually don't go to this length and just put up with the noise. I'll get around to fixing it eventually. I think this is somewhat unrelated, however, since there doesn't seem to be any correlation of the squealing belt and the lurching effect of the transmission.

I do pay close attention to the engine oil and replace the oil filter regularly.

Any pointers as to the cause it would be appreciated! :)