LegacyGT.com

Where to find torque values for caliper bolts?

I'm pretty new to doing a lot of my own car maintenance so not the greatest at finding this type of info.

I have a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R

I searched the manual pretty thoroughly but didn't see the values to torque the caliper bolts to. I'm guessing this is only available via some sort of repair manual or site, but I'm not quite sure where to find this info.

You can download a legal copy of the Factory Service Manual (PDF format), and a whole lot more, direct from the Subaru Technical Information System web site. You can browse the site catalog and some documents for free, but it costs $35 for 3 days full document access, including downloads. It's a bargain.

See attachment, from the 2015 FSM, which should have the torque values you're looking for.

N.B. Be careful to follow the proper procedure when replacing the rear brake pads. Due to the electric parking brake, you can't just press the rear caliper pistons straight back.

Brake_Parts_Diagrams.pdf

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You can download a legal copy of the Factory Service Manual (PDF format), and a whole lot more, direct from the Subaru Technical Information System web site. You can browse the site catalog and some documents for free, but it costs $35 for 3 days full document access, including downloads. It's a bargain.

See attachment, from the 2015 FSM, which should have the torque values you're looking for.

N.B. Be careful to follow the proper procedure when replacing the rear brake pads. Due to the electric parking brake, you can't just press the rear caliper pistons straight back.

Awesome. Thanks a bunch for the info! I'll definitely have to sign up and grab everything just to have it.

When you see proper procedure, is there a Legacy specific procedure you're referring to or just a general electric parking brake procedure? I'll have to do some searching as I hadn't even though of this so thank you very much for the heads up.

Awesome. Thanks a bunch for the info! I'll definitely have to sign up and grab everything just to have it.

When you see proper procedure, is there a Legacy specific procedure you're referring to or just a general electric parking brake procedure? I'll have to do some searching as I hadn't even though of this so thank you very much for the heads up.

On the rear parking brake,disconnect connector,then you can use needle nose pliers to turn piston clockwise while pushing in,once it stops then you can press it straight in.

When you see proper procedure, is there a Legacy specific procedure you're referring to or just a general electric parking brake procedure?

The Factory Service Manuals are specific to each Subaru carline ... in this case Legacy/Outback. The 2015-2019 Legacy/Outback FSM is several thousand pages total.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png