LegacyGT.com

Mounting amp under passenger's seat. How?

anarchyx34

'05 Legacy Limited Wagon. For those of you who have installed aftermarket amps under the passenger's seat. How the hell did you do it? My amp is about 1/2" taller than what the factory sub would be, and I just can't even see how the factory sub would even fit under there. I can barely stick my hand under the seat (looking from the rear). I'm striving for a stealth install and the only other place I can think to install it is in the foam tray under the spare tire cover.

I'm concerned about overheating the amp installing it there. I can bolt it to the back of one of the rear seats but that might cause a practical concern should I need to carry something that requires folding down the seats.

Any suggestions?

The amp is a JBL GTO-3EZ and is 11-15/16 x 9-11/16 and 2-5/8" tall.

You have just to measure it. Look for another amp or location if it doesn't fit.

Regarding the overheating: JDM cars have OEM Mcintosh amplifier installed under the driver seat as well, heating is arranged with extenders 72512AG010/72512AG000:

fc2e6c5s-960.jpg

af2e6c5s-960.jpg

So if you have decided about it - look for the amp with matching size and look for JDM air vent extenders.

I didn't see a point to put any amps under seats for my setup, as one small amp was not enough and i wanted to keep all one place, so i just did it in the trunk:

7117daas-960.jpg

I was too lazy for integration to be on the same floor level in that car.

I made flat floor in my B14, it wasn't that hard, but i have no pictures to share.

Edited by Brunzo

These alpine amps are pretty small, it uses original floor. You can also use rear side arch for amplifier and another side for stealth subwoofer. Perhaps you could try a place under the seat asyou wanted