LegacyGT.com

Components vs Coaxial

anarchyx34

I've poured through a bunch of old threads on this very subject and what I'm taking away from all of this is that the stock tweeter location sucks and that a lot of people are suggesting to go with coaxials. This makes sense except for one reason, the speaker location is all the way at the bottom of the door. I can't see how this is going to work with passengers legs being in the way, as well as the driver's side being so far off axis. I could be wrong though!

Being that the latest discussions of this subject are nearly 10 years old I was wondering if anyone had a fresh take on this. If you have coaxials how is it working out for you? I'm not trying to achieve a perfect setup here. I know I won't get great imaging in this car, but I'm feeling that this one choice can have a dramatic impact on the final result. I'm ready to order speakers and I'm not sure which way to go.

shouldn't it be directed a little up to the ears level?

And it needs some smooth fiberglass putty work.

I have noticed another problem with your car - door open inner handles - these go way too deep inside the body. It can be adjusted just with the screw (you have to add it to the handle mounting place from inner side of the door card) - which will limit the handle going deep inside.

See pic:

d9cd69ds-960.jpg

There is a black plastic rubber distance piece installed to the card and it touches the moving handle body. This rubber piece can be replaced with the screw with flat head and the height adjusted by screwing it back and forth until you straighten the handle location.