LegacyGT.com

battery died/now dash lights own after boost wtf

I have a 2013 Subaru Legacy with 2.5L engine. My battery is only 2 years old and it's died a few times this winter to the point where I've had to boost it. Today this happened for the second time and after boosting it lots of the dash lights turned on/are flashing. The check engine light is on, the cruise control indicator light is flashing, the e-brake light is flashing and the AT OIL Temp light was flashing (this has stopped flashing since driving it). What do you think is going on?

Typically I drive short distances and probably don't get the chance to fully charge the battery in between.

I have a 2013 Subaru Legacy with 2.5L engine. My battery is only 2 years old and it's died a few times this winter to the point where I've had to boost it. Today this happened for the second time and after boosting it lots of the dash lights turned on/are flashing. The check engine light is on, the cruise control indicator light is flashing, the e-brake light is flashing and the AT OIL Temp light was flashing (this has stopped flashing since driving it). What do you think is going on?

Typically I drive short distances and probably don't get the chance to fully charge the battery in between.

That's how the car lets you know there is a check engine light. Get the code read and report back. However, the dead or dying battery needs to be addressed as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My mom’s Outback did the same thing after her battery died. Checked for codes, had a bunch of weird ones that didn’t make any sense. Cleared them, it’s been fine ever since.

+1 on addressing that battery. It’s not going to get better before it gets worse.

If it’s only two years old, it might even still be under warranty. Many have three year warranties that have a pro rata after two years, so you might be able to get one at least for cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk