LegacyGT.com

Rattle in Dash / Lower storage area

andrelaplume

2019 Legacy sport with a horrendously annoying vibration in the area of the storage area just in front of the gear shifter to the left of the glove box. Subaru did not ‘experience it’ but had already replaced the plastic piece that forms the storage area. It still does it when it humid or during drastic weather changes. It sound like my 1995 Ford bucket of bolts! Anyone have this issue? If so what was done to fix it? Anyone know how to remove the dashparts in this area. If so I’ll remove and spray foam it. I suspect its coming from 2 areas. I had the glove box out at one point - -like if you were changing the cabin filter...I jammed some rubber gasketing against some areas where plastic meets metal and it seemed to help. I took that out when Subbie started tinkering.

Help!:confused:

I have the same issue, but in my 2015 legacy. Rattling sound is hard to pinpoint, but seems to come from the drivers pedal area /dash. I notice it most under light/medium acceleration. I’ve yet to take mine to the dealership because I’m sure they will tell me nothing is wrong and charge me for “diagnostics”. If yours reaches a conclusion, I’d love to hear the outcome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2019 Legacy sport with a horrendously annoying vibration in the area of the storage area just in front of the gear shifter to the left of the glove box. Subaru did not ‘experience it’ but had already replaced the plastic piece that forms the storage area. It still does it when it humid or during drastic weather changes. It sound like my 1995 Ford bucket of bolts! Anyone have this issue? If so what was done to fix it? Anyone know how to remove the dashparts in this area. If so I’ll remove and spray foam it. I suspect its coming from 2 areas. I had the glove box out at one point - -like if you were changing the cabin filter...I jammed some rubber gasketing against some areas where plastic meets metal and it seemed to help. I took that out when Subbie started tinkering.

Help!:confused:

If you keep tinkering and then attempt a warranty claim against the area/parts you have been tinkering on the Dealer may deny the claim. If the car is under full warranty as lame as it sounds, you need to force the dealer to service/correct the product they sold. That is literally one of the few reasons dealers exist. You could have bought a Honda or Toytoa or Lexus but you bought a Subaru from that dealer so they need to do their part and ensure your shiny new purchase doesnt drive you insane to the point you start telling other people how crappy your legacy is and how useless that dealer is at resolving the problem.

• 3 weeks later...