LegacyGT.com

2019 Outback Limited - led headlights too bright?

Wife has a new 2019 Outback with LED headlights. I noticed over the weekend a lot of folks flashing their brights at me. Apparently these led headlights are bright......or is it possible they came from the factory aimed high?

At first I thought, these folks need to suck it up, but by the end of the weekend, I started to wonder if perhaps there’s something that can be done to limit the anger on coming traffic is experiencing because of these headlights.

I did a simple search on the tapatalk app and got nothing, but I’m sure this isn’t the first time this has come up?

• 4 weeks later...

There was a long thread about the LED lights on the 2020 Outback, over on that forum:

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/headlights-set-too-high-on-2020-outback-onyx%E2%80%94dealer-wont-fix.515916/page-6#post-5915480

In summary, a lot of people said "suck it up", but then a lot of people also found the headlights aimed too high from the dealer... IIRC one person found them aimed 3+ inches high. Because of their high intensity and glare-inducing color temperature, they are indeed more of a nuisance to other drivers when not aimed right (a few inches below "level", not "level with the lamp centers")