LegacyGT.com

Questions About Replacing Stereo & Navigation

Wiring different as clock spring is different. But can repin for old clock spring. Audio controls switch resistance is different for navigation. Look for my facelift steering wheel retrofit article on this forum.

Could you provide any more info on integrating your camera? Is the factory camera not just a single 3.5 mm aux jack you would install directly into the rear of the aftermarket stereo?

edit: Not trying to hijack your thread schrack, I'm just super interested in ripping that goddamn nav system out as well and have an ATOTO I installed 5 months ago in my old legacy I'd love to swap in.

Not only is the factory camera not a 3.5mm jack, it’s powered by the head unit and it’s 6V rather than 12V. The wiring is a little odd. They do make adapters to convert it to aftermarket stuff, though. I had a link handy until yesterday when I accidentally cleared out all the browser tabs in my phone. I think they had it as one of the available accessories at Crutchfield, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went with a new Pioneer AVH 210EX, with bluetooth & back up camera, to avoid problems with the factory camera. The last question i have is i would like to retain the factory usb, aux input in the console will this work https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAC-USB-SB1-Subaru-Radio-USB-Port-Input-Retention-Cable-Car-Audio-OEM-Replace/271425349992?epid=1519804596&hash=item3f32362968:g:RfQAAOxyeR9TIzK8 It says only for Legacy 2012, i thought they didn't change them until 2015? If this wont work, does anybody know what will? Thanks

I just went with a new Pioneer AVH 210EX, with bluetooth & back up camera, to avoid problems with the factory camera. The last question i have is i would like to retain the factory usb, aux input in the console will this work https://www.ebay.com/itm/PAC-USB-SB1-Subaru-Radio-USB-Port-Input-Retention-Cable-Car-Audio-OEM-Replace/271425349992?epid=1519804596&hash=item3f32362968:g:RfQAAOxyeR9TIzK8 It says only for Legacy 2012, i thought they didn't change them until 2015? If this wont work, does anybody know what will? Thanks

Good luck! :munch: Take some photos and let us know what you learn. I'm not tackling mine until spring.

If your Pioneer has a USB input in the rear, then that one should work.

Edited by BonfaciosCuredMeats