LegacyGT.com

P0011 Code help

Hey Guys,

I need some help.

So this is what has happened

over the summer i was getting the P0011 code whenever my oil levels got low. Turns out my turbo was on the way out aswell as it then blew in August.

I replaced the turbo and the code went away for a little.

Then it started coming back again so I replaced the Cam Shaft position sensor in addition to the Oil pressure switch. The code went away for about 2 weeks. Than one day the car stalled out and threw the P0340 Code at me. This led me to believe I got a faulty sensor. just today had the sensor replaced and now the P0011 code is back. What should I do next? VVT Solenoid?

From what I've learned on these forums, it sounds like your old turbo likely died from lack of oil. As tysparks said, it'd be good to check your banjo filters, I think most people here just remove them. I wouldn't automatically assume it's a faulty sensor.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/remove-all-banjo-filters-222758.html

Oh, and just to reiterate what ty said too... If your turbo blew up, you could have metal fragments in other places, like your oil cooler which sits above the oil filter.

You can try swapping passenger and driver side ocv solenoids to see if you get a p0021 instead of p0011.

Though I'd be surprised if you don't need to replace all things oil flows through. Replacing only a blown turbo doesn't clean out the deep internal passages. You may still have metal particles flowing around the engine.

I would drain the oil to see if you find any metal fragments. I agree with Sean too, swap the OCV's, drive the car for a little bit and see if the code changes to P0021. Also, as TY said, remove those pesky filters, they do more harm than good. It reminds me I have to remove the turbo one as well as the one behind the timing cover.

Just a quick update. The P0420 or whatever code was fixed with another new sensor and the P0011 code was fixed by removing the banjo bolt filter (which I was told was removed by previous owner). Now the car is running fine tho the turbo will not boost past 12 PSI so i might have to adjust the wastegate or something

Just a quick update. The P0420 or whatever code was fixed with another new sensor and the P0011 code was fixed by removing the banjo bolt filter (which I was told was removed by previous owner). Now the car is running fine tho the turbo will not boost past 12 PSI so i might have to adjust the wastegate or something

I always tell people never listen to the prev owner on what they say. Do your self a favor and check it out. people will lie when selling cars.:rolleyes: