LegacyGT.com

06LGT wagon some kind of leak near passenger side of engine

Noticed the other day at a red light that there was a small amount of steam coming up from the right side of the hood. Noticed a slight burning smell I’m thinking some kind of coolant or turbo leak but I’m not sure. Car doesn’t overheat or leak anything onto the ground. I just notice a slight burning smell from the passenger side of the engine when it gets up to temp, very small amount of steam. Any ideas??? Edited by 06ShagWagonGT

There's a few possibilities in that area.

You'll need a good light, get under the car and look up in that area. You may be able to see something from up top too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea I can see back there real well from underneath and you can see the oil return and coolant return from the turbo, oil return was where my issue was.

Without having more info, it could also be the oil feed lines from the head to avcs and turbo. They crack sometimes with repeated turbo removal. I think on the 06 from the head is on the back of the head so you should be able to see that.