LegacyGT.com

Under hood measurements

You can download complete (and legal) copies of the Factory Service Manual, Body Repair Manual, and a whole lot more direct from the Subaru Technical Information System web site. $35 for 3 days full access. It's a bargain!

The Body Repair Manual has an entire chapter devoted to reference points and precise dimensions.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You can download complete (and legal) copies of the Factory Service Manual, Body Repair Manual, and a whole lot more direct from the Subaru Technical Information System web site. $35 for 3 days full access. It's a bargain!

The Body Repair Manual has an entire chapter devoted to reference points and precise dimensions.

Thanks, ammcinnis, I will check it out.

All I am going to say is do it right, don't take shortcuts... in particular if the rails are damaged, repair/replace per Subaru's guidelines. Spending the extra time now = you will not be going back into the car to fix it later.

Also if you have the engine out, repair any rust on the body no matter how small

Good luck

Also

Thread needs some pix of before during and after so we can enjoy your progress/results

All I am going to say is do it right, don't take shortcuts... in particular if the rails are damaged, repair/replace per Subaru's guidelines. Spending the extra time now = you will not be going back into the car to fix it later.

Also if you have the engine out, repair any rust on the body no matter how small

Good luck

Also

Thread needs some pix of before during and after so we can enjoy your progress/results

Here is what it looks like now.. ThanksOn_Trailer.thumb.jpg.4d5bb6e39d4380c86061ad64494e5181.jpg

• 3 weeks later...