LegacyGT.com

High Mileage Legacy's

Why is this in the 6th gen forum?

Point taken. But it's a data point of possible interest to Gen 6 Legacy owners curious or worried about CVT longevity.

Hopefully with this latest post it means that the "forum management" is becoming less grumpy ...

These things are decided on a case-by-case basis. The thread is appropriate for this subforum, and one earlier-generation post does not pollute it.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please limit your comments to addressing the topics at hand, not personalities. "Insulting other members" and "use of profanity" are both violations of Forum policy. If you must, take your disagreements to PM. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
2016 Legacy bought June of 2016 with 20 miles. Just turned 66K last week.

That's a lot of miles for an island car.

spacer.png

That's a lot of miles for an island car.

I do 40 miles and change round trip 5 days a weeks to and from work at Pearl Harbor. I drive from the east to central portion of the island where Pearl is located. Plus some extra driving for other stuff. It all adds up.

Shooter, actually I don't mind it being here ... the post in question is about a legacy ... and I like reading about any Subaru that has got a few miles up ... but there does seem to be a kind of double standard involved ;) ... I have previously posted a couple of things that I thought could have been of interest to the forum, even if the vehicles mentioned were not specifically 6th Gen Leggies ... and both my posts were shunted into the abyss of the other respective generation forums. Hopefully with this latest post it means that the "forum management" is becoming less grumpy :lol:

If that's how your thinking, my 2005 has 288,500 miles, but I would normally not post that in "this 6th Gen" forum. There is a thread in the 4th Gen forum for that.

But our 2018 Outback 3.6R has over 13,000 miles. Oh but that belong in a totally different forum then this one. ;) Just being a troll...

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I do 40 miles and change round trip 5 days a weeks to and from work at Pearl Harbor. I drive from the east to central portion of the island where Pearl is located. Plus some extra driving for other stuff. It all adds up.

same here but 5 or 6 days a week...that is what the 3.6R is for nice comfy highway cruising.

same here but 5 or 6 days a week...that is what the 3.6R is for nice comfy highway cruising.
I do 90 mile round trip a day with my 3.6 to work and back. Indeed, that's a big reason I bought the 3.6, the easy highway cruising.

Explains the 116k I have on the car as of today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I do 90 mile round trip a day with my 3.6 to work and back. Indeed, that's a big reason I bought the 3.6, the easy highway cruising.Explains the 116k I have on the car as of today.

Hi Shooter, I have the same model and same year ... but with slightly less miles on it (28,000 miles/44500km). In my case, just for the buzz and bragging rights, all going well, I intend aiming for 300,000 km of ownership, which on my current rate will take about 25 years (should I live that long :eek:).

I'm just wondering what your possible "replacement schedule" is, because if you kept yours for 25 years then you would hit 725,000 miles ... and I kinda assume you might be considering something else some considerable time before that milestone happens. :lol:

Hi Shooter, I have the same model and same year ... but with slightly less miles on it (28,000 miles/44500km). In my case, just for the buzz and bragging rights, all going well, I intend aiming for 300,000 km of ownership, which on my current rate will take about 25 years (should I live that long :eek:).

I'm just wondering what your possible "replacement schedule" is, because if you kept yours for 25 years then you would hit 725,000 miles ... and I kinda assume you might be considering something else some considerable time before that milestone happens. :lol:

When I bought the car my intention was to keep it until it was paid off and beyond, if possible. If my current rate continues I'll have 175-180k on the car when it's paid off and I'd like to keep it for another year beyond that, depending on what the car is costing me to operate and maintain. So I'm looking at right at 200K and that's when I'll consider a replacement unless my hand is forced before then.

I toyed with the idea of buying one of the last 2019 3.6R cars but because of the miles I couldn't get enough money for my car on trade so decided to keep it according to my original intentions.

Point taken. But it's a data point of possible interest to Gen 6 Legacy owners curious or worried about CVT longevity.

These things are decided on a case-by-case basis. The thread is appropriate for this subforum, and one earlier-generation post does not pollute it.

I will totally understand if this is removed. I just thought it was kinda relevant given the post quoted above ... because it shows that with due care, a well looked after Subaru CVT can last for at least 206,000 miles and more.

I also think there is value here for anyone looking to purchase a used Subaru (6th Gen or other) because it points out what possible problems to look out for, and their possible replacement costs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2016 premium 2.5 bought new July 2016.. Just turned 82k...Gone though two drive belts and two tensioners and rear brakes were just done at 77k...

I retired from UPS in January so the miles stop racking up...As of today I got 85,950 miles and made final payment...So I'm happy.....

There has been no CVT recall.
There is a TSB on the CVT for possible leaks up to 100k miles.. So I recommend ALL of you check it closely because Unfortunately I had my transmission replaced at 94k miles because it was a area where Subaru Techs weren't allowed to repair it..

Now at 137,000 only 43k miles later I have another leak and it's out of Warranty.. So get ready to grab your seats.. I asked my dealership how much was Labor for Removal and Install to diagnose the problem they told me $1,150.00.. Here it comes if it's determined that the same area is leaking and a New Transmission is needed that will cost $9,000 and thats a refurbished Transmission... I'm so frustrated right now and waiting on a reply from SOA because I feel transmission shouldn't fail again at 43k Miles..

I'll keep u guys posted..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

2016 2.5i bought May 30th 2016, has around 114,xxx miles... Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Any real problems during your 114,000 miles ?

Have you done a CVT fluid change or intend doing one ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...