LegacyGT.com

Can't open Rom in Romraider

Nonamedude

So tried searching and refollowing steps and uninstalling and what not. I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid wrong.

I have romraider, the base ecu defs, the most recent one for my ecu from github, logger defs, car defs. Latest Java 8 which is mixed mode as they no longer do specific 32 and 64 bit versions. ECU defs are unzipped into a special folder and then put into the definition manager. I have downloaded the rom in ecuflash and saved it as a .bin. My options for saving were .bin and .srf. When I try to open the rom I get "Unable to read XML definitions. Please make sure the definition file is correct. If it is in a ZIP archive, unzip the file and try again."

It's not in a zip archive, the xml file was unzipped directly to the destination folder (tuning folder on the desktop)

Windows 10, Java 8 update 231

08 OBXT 5MT A2TB001N (from what I can tell from ECUflash)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Honestly I'm just trying to delete the TGV CEL and can't figure out how to change it from enable to disable in ECUflash. I thought romraider might make more sense UI wise and it seems like more people use romraider.

Yes you can flash it with either file type extension.

Might be a silly question, but are you aware that romraider definitions are different to those that are meant for ecuflash.

Make sure that your definitions manager is pointing to the romraider Defs and not the ecuflash ones.

Hope that makes sense.

Yea I've got the romraider defs in addition to the ecu flash ones so I don't think that's my issue. I'll have to play with it again later tonight and I'll delete all my defs and redownload them just to make sure.

For clarification, I'm trying to use romraider defs with romraider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk