LegacyGT.com

2007 with P0607 need help!!!

Ok folks- here is a puzzle. 2007 5EAT Turbo sudden P0607 code. All craps out car basically rolls to a stop. Can clear code and drive low RPM and it will hold long enough to get somewhere. But any RPM over about 4K and it craps all over again. No other codes.

So hooked up to Free SSM and solid connection to ECU and engine runs fine. But reaching the TCU is not possible. It will connect maybe 10% of the time at ignition "on" but as soon as I start the car it fails to connect. Cannot connect at all with engine running first or switching from ECU to TCU. If I restart Free SSM it will again sporadically connect but immediately loose connection once something is changed.

I was able to stay connected long enough to clear TCU memory but a test drive did the same thing again.

Thinking it's time for a new TCU? TIA for any insights!

Ok so I cleaned and or replaced all the chassis grounds and added one directly to firewall from battery. No change. It there a scan tool that can assess the viability of the ECU/TCU/BIU? From what I understand the ECU can't just be swapped without matching it to the other components (immobilizer) or swapping the entire set. Anyone done this?