LegacyGT.com

Manual Trans questions.

This may has been asked before but new to the legacy world. I have a nice 2.5I auto wagon. That's what I wanted / searched for. All my cars are stick, I want to buy a 5speed manual GT donor car which I have leads on.

Did the 2.5I Manual 05-07 Legacy's share the same transmission and diff as the 5 speed manual 05-07 Legacy GT's?

Thanks in advance.

I don't believe they do. I can say that the fsm for 08 shows a different gearing but the same final drive. I thought the final drive on the lgt was 4.111 but my fsm says 3.9.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on this but a different fifth gear with the same transfer reduction and same final drive means either different rear diff or different tires or maybe both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So definitely a different transmission. I'd guess the lgt has the type ra gears and the 2.5i does not. I believe the lgt uses the same transmission and rear diff as a wrx and the sti and spec b have the same rear diff. Spec b has a slightly different 6spd trans though I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, the final drive isn't a big deal as that can be swapped out as well. Was having a hard time searching for 1st through 5th ratios and trans model for comparison between the 2.5I's versus the GT manuals. If 05 GT is a different FDR then the 06+ that's good to know as well.

I will keep digging