LegacyGT.com

Trunk Bike Rack w/ Spoiler Q 2013 Limited

I wouldn't trust a trunk bike rack not to scratch the paint on a Subaru. I have had trunk mounts on other cars and they aren't very stable either.

We just got a hitch mount rack on my wife's Forester XT this summer and we like it a lot. It's very stable and we can still get in the back of the car with the bikes on.

I plan on putting an eco hitch on my GT this winter while its hibernating.

Towards the end of the first page in the post linked below, there's some pics with the Eco Hitch on GTEASER's GT and it looks good... for a hitch.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/hitch-2013-legacy-210110.html?t=210110&highlight=trailer+hitch

Sorry I'm not more help with the trunk rack.

I did the curt 1.25" receiver hitch aside from being able to see the hitch tube it sits no lower than the ecohitch and about half the price. I did remove the rear bumper to install mine so I didn't have to drill the oversized hole to fit the nuts and support plates into the frame.

I wouldn't trust a trunk bike rack not to scratch the paint on a Subaru. I have had trunk mounts on other cars and they aren't very stable either..

friend of mine put a couple layers of clear bra material on his impreza where the rack would sit to avoid scratches. not the most beautiful solution when the rack isn't on there, but it's a viable option. he got the material for free asking for offcuts from a local shop that installs the clear bra, so that's an option as well.

will agree on the stability part though--around town they're okay, but i wouldn't trust one on a long haul.

Looking for a two bike trunk rack that will work w my ‘13 Limited w rear spoiler. Anyone had luck finding a fit? The few I’ve looked at all warn the bike rack won’t fit w a spoiler.
Saris bones should work given the way it mounts on a Legacy. I have one up in the classifieds for cheap if you're interested.