LegacyGT.com

5EAT to 6MT Swap

subie-roo

Read through the entire massive 6MT master swap thread also - there's a lot of information in there.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/6mt-master-swap-thread-107137.html

Also here's a DIY walkthrough. This is for the EZ30R 6MT swap - but the mechanicals are all the same for an LGT. Just ignore everything canbus and ecu related in that walkthrough.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ntiKh1Rs9RkUIdw0GFQQPNcwHSUsbam8Vc8odcRlcXU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the link to the ez30 info. But as for as the 6mt master thread goes, I've went threw almost every page a few times, and just when I see information that'll help me, a post later some one contradicts it, so that and the numerous convos going on at the same time gets over whelming to say the least. But I'll give it another once over to see if I may have missed something vital. thanks.

As far as I understand you don't need the bulkhead harness if you are just swapping for a manual. You may need to repin your ecu to fit the manual pinout, and flash your rom but that's about it.

I had to switch ecu's because I added a turbo, but for just a mnaual swap I don't think you need a new ecu.

Oh thats new info for me. So I came to that thought because I asked someone at iWire about this, and getting a harness from them to assist me. And he replied with a link to a 05-06 LGT Bulkhead harness and said I wouldn't need his harness and that alone would do the job. I then asked if the harness he linked would be the same for an 07+ LGT and he same he misunderstood and I should just purchase the proper 07+ bulk harness and not the 06-07.

And that is why I asked the assuming question above. I'm no stranger to wiring so there no issue there. I just don't want to start something and later down the road realize its totally different plugs for an m/t ecu, and I could've just slapped in an oem harness and called it finished. But either way thanks for the information.

Yes - I think the general path seems to be do the mechanicals, then start troubleshooting the ECU and whatnot until everything works. Or just do a full swap of all the electrical stuff, cruise control clutch disengage switch, neutral start switch, etc.

I have also heard different things from different people doing the same OBXT/LGT swap... One person does it this way and one person does it another way, and their cars may or may not be the same if it's an 05 vs an 07 vs an 09. Basically you may have to figure some stuff out and try some stuff to get it to work on your specific car. I definitely had to figure it out on my car...

Also, do a search over on subaruoutback.org. There's a couple of OBXT swap threads over there that may have information.

• 3 months later...

Legacy GT MT rom is on the romraider website or forum - there's a list with download links to all the stock roms. Search for "Stock subaru ROM" or something like that.

There is no H6 MT rom for the US. Other market ROMs may or may not fry the ECU of a US AT H6 car. If you want to do an H6 swap that's the can of worms we worked on in the EZ30R MT Swappers facebook group.

• 2 months later...
Nice job! If you ever need to run the AT rom let me know - I'm running the AT rom on a 3.0R with a 6 speed manual. I just have an arduino pretending to be the TCM on CANBUS. Cruise and VDC work great. The 6 speed is fantastic isn't it?

Cheers!

I've got at '05 AT 3.0R I'm planning to 6 speed swap.

I originally thought I just had to ground D22 (B137 pin 22) on the ECU.

If that doesn't work I'd love to have the code you're running on that Arduino.

Thanks.

I've got at '05 AT 3.0R I'm planning to 6 speed swap.

I originally thought I just had to ground D22 (B137 pin 22) on the ECU.

If that doesn't work I'd love to have the code you're running on that Arduino.

Thanks.

Please join the Facebook group EZ30R MT Swappers. The Google drive link is there and those guys are super helpful. Mitch Siegel is writing new code for the 2005 since my 2008 code doesn't work for 2005.

I no longer have a Subaru - Too expensive to drive - so I got an electric wagon. I won't be around much anymore since I no longer deal with ICE engines - but the Facebook swap group is super helpful. Good bunch of folks.