LegacyGT.com

Fuel tank/cradle terminal sealing query

Have any of you used something like this before? Can't find a heap of info on them and can't quite work out how they seal against the centre stud. They have O-rings on the outer edges of the insulators but don't mention anything firmly pressing them to the stud.

https://www.efihardware.com/products/1593/submersible-pump-bulk-head-terminals

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Looks a bit more robust than the piece that iWire supplied me. Theirs is a plastic thingy that I had to fill with epoxy after the wires were passed through.

For the record, I have had no problems with the plastic piece that I used.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

After some issues i replaced the iwire one with this. It stopped the leaking through the gromet but then with the new one when the tank pressurized slightly due to heat fuel would travel up the centre of the wires through the strands and then came out where the insulation ended which can be slightly seen where the heat shrink and the red wire insulation ends.

I've since just got a replacement cradle top and crimped the iwire feed and ground to the factory wiring just before the connector. Might at some point use a stud type solution but kinda over it right now. I've got a small surge tank on the way so the main pump will run 0psi in future so current draw will be down from what it is now anyway.

48768281548_3389b62936_h.jpg

Edited by Andy_Mac

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness