LegacyGT.com

Autocross in S.C.

Rollin Wes

I am signed up for the event, but I have never done an autocross in the Columbia area. I normally autocross in CCR in the Charlotte area, but thought that I would come and try one down there. I drive a Legacy GT that has had sway bars on it and just got a Stromung exhaust on it last week and hope to have ion springs and an up pipe on it by that autocross. Have you autocrossed your GT yet?, Dave

Thanks for the reply. I've never autocrossed before and it seems like it would be a lot of fun. I still haven't decided if I'm going. The school its being held at is pretty big and should have a nice open area. Its also located in the middle of no where. I live downtown Columbia and it would probably take me 30 minutes to get there. My GT is stock and an auto. How do you think it would do at an autocross?

Wes

Hi Wes, i sent you a pvt message. Give me a call. I wish i was 30 minutes away from that autocross, I live in SE Charlotte Matthews area. 30 minutes is like in your back yard when it comes to autocrossing. Believe me it will be worth it. You dont shift much during an autocross so the automatic would still be fine. I started 2 yrs ago in an automatic Lexus IS 300 and had a great time, so much fun in fact that I had to get a Subaru after driving my sons STI and the other sons WRX. Give me a call and we will talk about that weekend and our Legacys, Dave

Thanks for the website.

I have a few friends in Charlotte (one has a LGT) and they have autoxd up there a few times.

Only mod I have is AP Stage 1 and AVO filter.

I should be able to make it to the Lexington autox so hopefully I will see you there. Maybe you can give me some driving tips!!!

Did pretty good, On saturday at Knights stadium i finished 36 out of 80 on raw time and 27th place on pax times.l We had 5 runs and had a very interesting course. On Sunday up at Mooresville I finished 22 out of 60 in raw time and 23rd on pax times. We had 6 runs today. On both days i was in STU against a couple of very prepped STI's so had no chance on winning but had fun. Can't wait till my springs come in and should help the body roll some. No autocrosses in Jan but expect to see some of you guys in the next season. Would be fun to have some othere Legacy GT's competing:) Dave

Sounds like you did pretty well. I will see you soon at an autocross, I promise!! Hopefully you will have your mods finished by then. I really want to see how your car looks with the springs (and sounds with the new piping)!!

Most of the clubs around here are off in Jan and start the season in Feb. Look forward to seeing some more Legacy's this next year. I plan in attending some of the Columbia autocrosses as well as those in CCR. I can't wait:)

Did you get your springs yet?

Found out that it was shipped on the 14th so hopefull soon and son has my up pipe and hopefully Santa will have the downpipe. We could get together at my house or someplace in the Charlotte area that would be lots of fun When are you normally free, Dave

Archived