LegacyGT.com

Rear driver side window stuck

I have a 2003 legacy wagon. The driver side rear window is stuck open (down). The other 3 work fine. I pulled the door panel off today and I have 12 volts to the door switch multi-pin connector (top left pin and i think the 3rd or 4Th on the Top, and I have 12 volts to the two pin connector that runs from that multi-pin connector to I think inside the door to the window motor. I see a lot of posts about the driver side switch being the problem. I can replace that, but since I see 12 volts to what I think is the actual motor connector, does this mean the motor itself is bad? If so does anyone have a video or diagram of how to replace the window motor in the rear driver side door? Thanks.

you can try and give 12v to the regulator motor and see if it moves, green connector 2 pins. give 12v and an ground to them, there is no wrong way since it will go up or down depending on the which pin you give power or ground(reverse polarity). if it does work just be careful how long you hold the wires for they can get hot.

long jumper cables from your battery and some old or spare test wires attatched to them should work. or you can use the pins you found 12v at before with test wire