LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Amp Install Questions...

Safetybreaks

Ok...I've searched...but still have questions...

I have a 2008 spec B...I recently put in an aftermarket HU with the JDM double DIN kit, blah blah...but I got stuck with the amplifier install...specifically running wires...I have the amp already under the front passenger seat.

First, is through the fender grommet going to be the best place to run the 4 gauge power wire? I couldn't see using any other existing grommets/plugs on the firewall that I could use, and the 4 gauge is pretty girthy...just making sure before I (re)order power cable.

Second, how the heck am I supposed to get under the carpet. I was able to pop out the sill trim, but the carpet is stapled to those white plastic pieces that are somehow attached to the body? Am i supposed to remove the staples? how about re-stapling? do the plastic pieces somehow detach? I don't want to destroy anything. I was able to run the RCA cables down the sill side, but I need to get under the carpet to the tunnel side to run power, speakers, and to retrieve a few screw and driver bits I dropped doing the HU install.