LegacyGT.com

New buyer, significant loss in power !!!

Hi all, I bought a 2018 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 2k miles on it. I see a significant loss in power while accelerating after making a complete stop. I am trying to understand the reason. can somebody help me on this ?? I would like to know if anybody has experienced same issues!! Thank you !!!

Accelerating from a stop, you need to roll the throttle in smoothly. If you just stomp on the accelerator pedal, you are likely to get the results you describe.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hi all, I bought a 2018 Subaru Legacy 2.5i with 2k miles on it. I see a significant loss in power while accelerating after making a complete stop. I am trying to understand the reason. can somebody help me on this ?? I would like to know if anybody has experienced same issues!! Thank you !!!

Heavy car with a weak motor?

Does it do this consistently? Have you driven other models? Any dash lights?

Throttle tip-in on my 2018 is pretty aggressive, especially compared to my wife's 2011 Forester XT, which has way more top-end power. A light touch on the throttle will result in plenty of off-the-line acceleration for normal driving. That said, just flooring it from a stop seems to induce something akin to turbo lag, I assume from the CVT.

I'm convinced the ECM is programmed to protect the CVT. As mentioned above standing on the gas from a standing start will result in a ho hum launch. On the other hand, roll into the throttle and it has much more power.

The computer dials back torque in high load situations to protect the CVT. Once the car is rolling the load on the CVT is much lower so the computer will ramp up the power to what the driver is asking.

This is why performance additions that dont directly address ECM programming are little more than cosmetic wastes of money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk