LegacyGT.com

How high will a 1' rear strut lift a 2010 Legacy GT?

How high will a 1' rear strut spacer lift a 2010 Legacy GT?

On some other makes I hear a 1 inch strut spacer could lift the rear by 2 inches.

Also could get 3/4 inch spacer?

https://www.subtle-solutions.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_25_132_133_689&products_id=637&osCsid=b5b26b956962ffe1d9e7d6419d067367

at 120,000 km with some rear sag and recently upsized to 245/45/19 !

is a 1 inch spacer alot?. How bad is it?

Edited by 2010 5EAT Legacy GT

I would expect it to lift 1", I have them with my koni/eibach combo and I am right about stock height. Maybe slightly lower in the rear, but my trunk is loaded down with gear and tools.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have 1" Subtle Solutions spacers on all four corners with '13 springs and KYB struts. It lifts about 1".

If you think about it, the spring rate and the preload are all the same. You're just adding a spacer between the top of the spring/strut assembly and where it bolts to the chassis, all the weights and whatnot stay the same.

It would be different if you were installing raise springs, or putting a spacer inside the assembly, changing the preload. For strut top spacers it really is that simple.

It depends where the fulcrum of shock is on the total control arm. total outboard is closer to 1:1 the spacer height than midpoint on the control arm which is going to be greater than 1:1 the spacer height. It has to do with the moment on the arm. This is why 5th Gen rear springs are stiffer than 4th gen rear springs, because the fulcrum point (moment of the control arm) is more inboard on a 5th gen than on the 4th gen, in other words, for every unit of wheel travel the shock is only moving a percentage of that.

That being said, a 1" spacer yields approx 1" as others have said, although its slightly more based on the geometry.