LegacyGT.com

Early paddle shift from 2-3

So I know this has been talked about before and I read the posts and have found no definitive answers. When using the manual mode in my 08 legacy gt 5EAT the transmission automatically upshifts from 2-3 early. If I am wot first gear it redlines. Then in second it automatically shifts to 3rd at like 5000rpm. It’s pretty much as soon as it hits 2nd it’s already going into 3rd. So now as I’m going Into 3rd it’s completely bogged down at a low rpm. Like I said. I’ve seen a few threads about this with no real answers. If anyone knows a solution it would really help me out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These 5EAT's suck IMO. I wonder if this is somehow tied to a bad turbine speed sensor 2 issue that we all complain about. It is supposedly responsible for the shift shock we commonly experience with the 2-3 shift. Replacing this sensor involves dropping the pan and valve body and splicing wiring.

I wish my LGT had a clutch. I know it could but too costly for a somewhat DD IMO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

These 5EAT's suck IMO. I wonder if this is somehow tied to a bad turbine speed sensor 2 issue that we all complain about. It is supposedly responsible for the shift shock we commonly experience with the 2-3 shift. Replacing this sensor involves dropping the pan and valve body and splicing wiring.

I wish my LGT had a clutch. I know it could but too costly for a somewhat DD IMO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mine had the rough shift from 2-3. I put in some Lucas trans fix and it seems like it went away completely but that short shift is a killer. It really slows me down. I am pretty sure one of my next mods is going to be a valve body upgrade so I might just reset the tcu and hope it relearns correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had pm'd you, but check for any leaks. Once I got mine buttoned up and stg 2 tune it's much better. Still does it on occasion, but far better than it was.

The odd thing is my 2013 5EAT 3.6 does not do this. So could be a sensor issue. Subaru told me is was working as intended and if the car gets more power than expected it's that was to protect the tranny. I took that info with a grain of salt.