LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Radio Problem

Hi all Im New to the Subaru work but i have a 2016 legacy 2.5i Premium. Im installing my aftermarket JVC head unit with the meastro Idatalink module and after the install I have no sound coming from the from speakers, Ive tried the stock speakers and new aftermarket ones. I have sound from the rear but not the fronts. The confusing thing is that with the factory radio installed I have no issue with the new speakers or the stock speakers. Anybody run into this issue? I would prefer to not have to run new wire through the doors but Im at a loss here, and so is the Crutchfield tech that Ive been dealing with.

I had the same issue, the fix is this:

The issue is that you have removed the Starlink module, which sits below the headunit (See picture attached). The front speaker signals pass through this module, so removing it will also disconnect these speakers. We normally recommend that you retain this module if possible because removing it will eliminate some of the stock features associated with Subaru's eyesight system.

Basically you have to keep the small starlink box that sits under the stock stereo, connected to the factory harnesses if you want to keep the front speakers stock. There is a bypass you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tmoney468

I had the same issue, the fix is this:

The issue is that you have removed the Starlink module, which sits below the headunit (See picture attached). The front speaker signals pass through this module, so removing it will also disconnect these speakers. We normally recommend that you retain this module if possible because removing it will eliminate some of the stock features associated with Subaru's eyesight system.

Basically you have to keep the small starlink box that sits under the stock stereo, connected to the factory harnesses if you want to keep the front speakers stock. There is a bypass you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was it!! Thank you