LegacyGT.com

Anyone know if this will fit?

Found this today.

https://www.amazon.com/PQYRACING-Shifter-Stabilizer-Compatible-2000-2004/dp/B07RY4F4KQ/ref=aw_pd_cart_vw_crc_3_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07RY4F4KQ&pd_rd_r=BTEZVQ3W2SN3E6JKE6GF&pd_rd_w=xbCh2&pd_rd_wg=Y1dgY&pf_rd_p=1274ff7b-443d-404e-8598-2b66a94c4928&pf_rd_r=BTEZVQ3W2SN3E6JKE6GF&psc=1&refRID=BTEZVQ3W2SN3E6JKE6GF

Seems like a nice cheap option. Anyone know if this would fit a 5th gen gt? I wouldn’t think there would be a huge difference in the shifter assembly between the 4th and 5th gens, hopefully one of you know better.

Probably won't fit. FWIW the shifter assemblies were all different between my LGT, WRX, and Forester. None of the short shifters were interchangeable. The ball socket and linkage connection width are different sizes.

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

Probably won't fit. FWIW the shifter assemblies were all different between my LGT, WRX, and Forester. None of the short shifters were interchangeable. The ball socket and linkage connection width are different sizes.

Your probably right then. Thanks.

Huh. My Kartboy short shifter went right out of my 05 LGT into my 13 WRX with zero issues. I assumed 5 speed is 5 speed.