LegacyGT.com

Will wheels from a Forester work on a Legacy

Hey folks, I'm looking to get another set of wheels so that I can have a summer tire and an all season ready to go.

Using craigslist, I'm able to find a lot of the subaru 5x100mm 16x7 wheels, but they're typically off a forester. The offset difference is around 7mm if I'm not mistaken (55+ on stock legacy wheels and 48+ on the stock forester wheels). Will these work on the legacy without any fitment problems?

yes they will be fine if your running stock tire sizes as well... stock legacy tire sizes, not forester tire sizes on the legacy. I would suggest also not running a summer and "all season" but an "all weather" instead for more grip in all weather conditions. its not necessarily a snow tire tread but still better than all seasons, just look them up. the running joke with all seasons is they suck during all seasons.

if you think about offset at 0, being the center of the wheel's barrel, positive offset moves the wheel closer to the car and negative pushes it away, so the closer to 0 you are at, the further away the wheel is, so although 7 millimeters isn't much, the forester wheels will actually widen the wheel track by 14 millimeters total.

Edited by RustyRuu