LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Ah, you're thinking about the "World is flat" blipshift sticker. Common mistake.

Haven't done much to my car lately. Drove it to/from work. Still wonderful and so much more satisfying than a toyota.

Not sure if that’s a dig towards me, but that sticker was only there to try and get #blipshifted. I like free shirts. Anyways, the sticker is gone but the horsepower remains.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Not sure if that’s a dig towards me, but that sticker was only there to try and get #blipshifted. I like free shirts. Anyways, the sticker is gone but the horsepower remains.

Lol no it was the only sticker I could think of to fill the template of the joke. "Ah you're thinking of X. Common mistake"

No digs here:redface:

Monday the recycler took my last Leggy (08 SpecB) to be crushed. For the first time since 2006 I do not own a 4th gen LGT. I dont forsee buying another.

It was a long and wild ride. There were MANY bumps in the road along the way. I met a lot of good people, made some friends, and lost some too. Like everything it life, it was a learning experience.

Thanks to the members of this forum. Your support was the deciding factor in opening the business.

So, I guess you won't be a "go to guy" for help ? Will you still be able to be contacted for help and advice ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So, I guess you won't be a "go to guy" for help ? Will you still be able to be contacted for help and advice ?

i was just about to ask him if he'd make a list of preferred parts (from experience and/or personal preference), or at least ask about a few specific items like catch cans. :lol:

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

For those of you that have reached the "end of the road." Meaning your cars are essentially as you've wanted them to be.... What is next? I would't say I am 100% done but I am without a doubt 90% of the way there. I have front/rear swaybars and control arms with upgraded bushings pending installation and I'd like to get a DAMD wheel, and upgrade the pioneer double din with a more modern one. Other than that the car is essentially done. Now a days I spend my time figuring out how to make the car more DD friendly. For example, adding a vibrant ultraquiet resonator to the Stromung exhaust (also pending) or wheels that won't rub when hitting big bumps with the whole family loaded up.

I sincerely struggle with moving on, mostly because this is my most involved build ever and the one I've essentially hung unto to completion. I also absolutely love driving the car and finding anything equivalent will cost upwards of 50k. On top of that I would want to tinker with it. In any case, I just wanted to hear what you long time owners think.

Edited by Gabo

In my opinion, any build is limited only by creativity and funds or other priorities. I may finish a “stage” of the build and keep it there for a while, but if funds allow I will probably change it up again. That being said, I don’t think I can ever finish a build unless funds run dry and that will be the only deciding factor for me to call it finished. If I don’t have the ability to allocate more money into the Legacy because of other priorities, it’s time to move on from it at that point.

I hope to get to your point one day Gabo. Never quite done building this car but I feel like I'm getting close. Ideally it will stay around a long while, eventually becoming a weekend fun car until I can afford a used all wheel drive 911 (4S or Targa ideally) - those days are a while off, though. I feel like it's the only proper successor to continue the flat engine heritage. Even then I still consider these GTs to be one of the best cars Subaru has ever made and will keep it until it bores me (which is unlikely to happen). Who knows, maybe Subaru will attempt to go after the 3 Series and A4s again like they did with our models

For those of you that have reached the "end of the road." Meaning your cars are essentially as you've wanted them to be.... What is next? I would't say I am 100% done but I am without a doubt 90% of the way there. I have front/rear swaybars and control arms with upgraded bushings pending installation and I'd like to get a DAMD wheel, and upgrade the pioneer double din with a more modern one. Other than that the car is essentially done. Now a days I spend my time figuring out how to make the car more DD friendly. For example, adding a vibrant ultraquiet resonator to the Stromung exhaust (also pending) or wheels that won't rub when hitting big bumps with the whole family loaded up.

I sincerely struggle with moving on, mostly because this is my most involved build ever and the one I've essentially hung unto to completion. I also absolutely love driving the car and finding anything equivalent will cost upwards of 50k. On top of that I would want to tinker with it. In any case, I just wanted to hear what you long time owners think.

You drive it when you are done.

I am still around. Work is picking up and so is my travel schedule so I dont have nearly the time I once did. But I check in now and then. Plus with the move east it is a chance to reconnect in person with some old forum friends.

I answer PMs and for now the old business email is still active.

Tell Gabe to stop overthinking it and DRIVE the damn car. It wont last forever, get as many smiles as you can out of it. Wifes might let us spend the money but they dont always understand the love affair. You might not get a second chance.

You still haven't come East yet? Lmao! Don't worry, lots of your spec B parts live on in the spirit of my car..

Been busy, Front and rear sways, shifter bushings F and R, Group N trans mount and crossmember bushings, GS master cyl brace and front pink springs.

Ordered 1/4 rear lift spacers, new rear strut mounts and rubber and a new reverse cable (PO installed the short shifter...)

Stop overthinking it and DRIVE the damn car. It wont last forever, get as many smiles as you can out of it. Wifes might let us spend the money but they dont always understand the love affair. You might not get a second chance.

Thanks Mike! Great advise.

Now that I got the wastegate fixed and with 6MT broken in after rebuild, the wagon is absolute hoot to drive around. It pulls hard, accelerates quick, and handles great. With stock catback back on and new gaskets it's also quiet. Loving the moment!

Edited by SubOperator

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I am not sure I will be ever done with this car. It is as you said about 90% where I wanted it to be - originally. But the goal posts are also moving, I have had it stage2 for years but with 5 speed and always wanted 6 speed. With STI 6MT conversion I am very happy with the car - already have pinks + bilsteins, sways. Next step for me is aluminum arms front and rear. Then I may install JDM double DIN - not sure about that but thinking that I may. That's all low hanging fruit. Next big item that I really like to have is slightly blown EZ30 paired to my STI 6 speed - nothing crazy, looking for easy 400-430 at the crank with low pressure turbo. After that - keep driving it. I am thinking about getting another one in different color at some point if opportunity is right.

When the time comes, I'll pass it to my boys. Should be a fun weekend cruiser by then.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Tell Gabe to stop overthinking it and DRIVE the damn car. It wont last forever, get as many smiles as you can out of it. Wifes might let us spend the money but they dont always understand the love affair. You might not get a second chance.

You know me well Mike. :spin:

I am not sure I will be ever done with this car. It is as you said about 90% where I wanted it to be - originally. But the goal posts are also moving, I have had it stage2 for years but with 5 speed and always wanted 6 speed. With STI 6MT conversion I am very happy with the car - already have pinks + bilsteins, sways. Next step for me is aluminum arms front and rear. Then I may install JDM double DIN - not sure about that but thinking that I may. That's all low hanging fruit. Next big item that I really like to have is slightly blown EZ30 paired to my STI 6 speed - nothing crazy, looking for easy 400-430 at the crank with low pressure turbo. After that - keep driving it. I am thinking about getting another one in different color at some point if opportunity is right.

When the time comes, I'll pass it to my boys. Should be a fun weekend cruiser by then.

I'm Stage 3 (3.5?) with a fairly long list of mods. I'm more than happy with my current power level and rarely ever run it at full power (500 WHP) At least when it comes to power mods the goal post is done moving, but in other areas at times it wants to move. For example, getting a paint job or upgrading the headlights, etc.

On another note I felt the JDM double din was without a doubt worth it.

Are you ever truly done...Your list of pending is a build for some people. But I think the big thing is maintenance and addressing things as they come up. which usually turns into more power or selling to buy something that they have always wanted.

And to think... you were looking at buying an AUDI last year :spin::lol:

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

You still haven't come East.

House in Harpers Ferry closes July 15. Until then I am hopping coasts up to twice a week. Made diamond medallion status with Delta in April. I got enuff miles to take the fam to europe, lol.

GS Maf block-off and AEM IAT sensor/bung inbound. I’ll be on a proper S/D setup in a few days.

I really need to take an hour and do a thorough build thread for you guys.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Got an alignment done on the wagon this morning. Techs and the tire shop owner were raving about how easy the car was to align with all the Whiteline arms and adjustable bushings. Drove it home and played with a newer Camaro SS. Super solid morning! Loving the wagon right now. Taking it to PNW Wagonfest next weekend. Always one of my favorite shows.

Gorgeous front end foto

Discovered that I'm running a K&N panel filter when I went to swap it out for an OEM filter. Cleaned the MAF and swapped the zip ties for metal clamps at the IAG AOS breather hose fittings on the block. Think I finally solved my high positive LTFTs. Seeing negative LTFT for the first time in a long while (usually +0.78 to +10)

Edited by amm203

Continued pulling apart my spare engine today, then I got to installing the zero sports rear sway bar with poly bushings. Night and day difference in feeling of the car, it feels so much more planted. on/off ramps on the highway are so much more fun!

I can't wait till I get to install the front one.

1388096134_swaybsrinstalled.thumb.jpg.dccd6501821cd94c08fa0156ebde2b9f.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy