LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Last weekend's project: Audison Voce AV K5

I would definitely recommend moving the twitters to the 'corners' of the doors and pointing them at the driver and passenger. Even with mid quality front speakers you'll get a major upgrade.

aQAAAgIV-uA-960.thumb.jpg.4f908d387dab6d69fdee445a3db0e15f.jpg

SQAAAgIV-uA-960.jpg.857a6b1bb629a3c7c32df7b8015b50e1.jpg

Nice, can I get a full frontal? I've been toying with the idea of picking up that lip to add a little more something to the front end.
Are we still talking about the car here? You perv bwahahaha! It does look very nice I must say

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Are we still talking about the car here? You perv bwahahaha! It does look very nice I must say

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Haha, I held off from saying anything like this

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

So I guess the local guy I got the 2nd hand HKS Silent Hi power from wasn’t lying when he said he got it only a few months before he wrecked his car because it has slowly gotten louder since I first installed it and I’ve been experiencing a bit of drone. Nothing crazy but I’m just not a fan at all. I would assume from break in as I’ve purchased several new exhausts that after a year or so get a bit louder. I did check all my joints for leaks. Found these inserts from HKS. They are not for my specific exhaust but I made em fit, I like how they look wit the slight tip extension and the sound is perfect again. Bit quieter and drone is gone.

IMG_5160.thumb.jpg.03196ba7f78f064e44dc568b49a6e64d.jpg

IMG_5159.thumb.jpg.fc885e93fa4573c2100e5dd542620b8c.jpg

IMG_5161.thumb.jpg.a63e4c64e5bdd1e233d02c67a5854d08.jpg

So I guess the local guy I got the 2nd hand HKS Silent Hi power from wasn’t lying when he said he got it only a few months before he wrecked his car because it has slowly gotten louder since I first installed it and I’ve been experiencing a bit of drone. Nothing crazy but I’m just not a fan at all. I would assume from break in as I’ve purchased several new exhausts that after a year or so get a bit louder. I did check all my joints for leaks. Found these inserts from HKS. They are not for my specific exhaust but I made em fit, I like how they look wit the slight tip extension and the sound is perfect again. Bit quieter and drone is gone.

[ATTACH]276048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]276049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]276050[/ATTACH]

BCUZ RUMBLWGN! F Those inserts.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

BCUZ RUMBLWGN! F Those inserts.

Yea the RUMBLWGN has a lil less RUMBL now. Haha

My kids love the rumble. The wife not so much

Not really the note that bothers me either. If I wasn’t gettn cabin drone I would be happy to leave it. Shit is the worst

Now I have options to put em in or take em out too though. It’s a 5 min deal. My Perrin exhaust on my Bugeye wagon had one and I loved being able to use it for wkly back n forth to work n road trips

Edited by Wooosh

bf289b982184affb5434dc62bedcaff4.jpg

Really wishing I had a Cobb DP instead of a CNT right now as it’d be possible to get to the wastegate spring without dropping the downpipe. There is enough vertical clearance to get the top off, but not to get the special c-spanner in there to get the locking ring off.

Thinking about grabbing the Sirhc Labs Cortext EBC for the EWG. I has the capability to do throttle/RPM based boost maps like the factory ECU, but it has gear based control and a “d” term in the pod controller. Running the EWG off this with a 4-port solenoid and 1-d table mode should work more or less like the MBC hybrid system I have hooked up now.

Installed my used Cobb downpipe I bought last fall. Install went surprisingly super smooth despite the car having almost the equivalent of 150k miles. New downpipe to turbo gasket and donut gasket for the catback. Perfect level of sound I was looking for :)

Last weekend's project: Audison Voce AV K5

I would definitely recommend moving the twitters to the 'corners' of the doors and pointing them at the driver and passenger. Even with mid quality front speakers you'll get a major upgrade.

The OEM mid-range tweeters are in the door just in front of the door handle. Had them installed before I picked my wagon up when I bought it late June 2004. I love the way they fill the car with sound.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The OEM mid-range tweeters are in the door just in front of the door handle. Had them installed before I picked my wagon up when I bought it late June 2004. I love the way they fill the car with sound.

I think he's talking about moving them to the Harmon Kardon position in the corners where the door mirror covers are.

It's been raining non-stop here in Nevada as of last week. I planned on detailing the wagon, but still no let up in the shit weather.

I do have a new shift knob coming to replace the stock momo, I'll throw some pictures up of the most non-exciting upgrade ever, when it happens.!

Edited by ihatethewalkingdead

Installed all the Spec B aluminum rear components yesterday - fun, sore 8 hours on Memorial Day. Couldn't pay me to do that job again. Had to pop the axles off and use a gear puller to separate the axle splines from the old hub. The IR impact couldn't break the seized alignment bolts in the rear so hopefully the dealership can get the rear in spec with just the adjustable Whiteline bushings I put in (KCA399)

Well... Not getting my ECM reprogrammed at the Subaru Dealer. First opening they have is July 1st, I'm moving later this week. :lol:

I'm gonna play with a spare ECU I have and see how I do with soldering for surface mount. I've done a fair bit, just not a lot of the tiny detail work.

Might have to take UTC_Pryo up on his offer, but I'm also quickly running out of days. Might just have to wait (fingers-crossed) until after I'm done moving.

Installed driver side spark plugs, they were way overgapped as well after about 70k miles.

Reset the ecu, and car is running like crap during the relearn. Will take some datalogs and send to tuner for review.

Also ordered Perrin dual gauge pod to put an AEM Boost and AEM Wideband gauge in. Should get this stage 2 build very dialed in.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Installed driver side spark plugs, they were way overgapped as well after about 70k miles.

Reset the ecu, and car is running like crap during the relearn. Will take some datalogs and send to tuner for review.

Also ordered Perrin dual gauge pod to put an AEM Boost and AEM Wideband gauge in. Should get this stage 2 build very dialed in.

Anytime I have to reset the ECU, I just let it idle with everything off for 8-10 min to relearn "normal" and she's good to go. If I try to drive right away, it's bad.

Clutch hydraulic hose had been seeping for a while so I installed a new one along with a new slave cylinder.

Changed the transmission oil. Rear diff oil will get done later this week.

New front brake rotors, re-greased the sliding bits and bled the system.

New rear shocks, with 3/8" saggy butt spacers.

Car rides a thousand times better, no longer squats like I'm hauling a trunk full of dope, and it brakes from highway speeds without shaking violently, which is nice.

Front struts will have to wait a week or two before I have time to do those, ideally on a Thurs/Fri followed by a Saturday alignment.

Modified the rear fender well once more to try and keep my current wheel setup from rubbing. Once that was finished, I inspected the front to find I have to roll them as well. At this point I am seriously considering buying some Rota SVN's in 18 x 8.5 +48 to replace my current Gramlights 57 DR in 17 x 9 +38 flavor. The car looks amazing, but the car is also daily driven and at times a family hauler.

Rant over.

Modified the rear fender well once more to try and keep my current wheel setup from rubbing. Once that was finished, I inspected the front to find I have to roll them as well. At this point I am seriously considering buying some Rota SVN's in 18 x 8.5 +48 to replace my current Gramlights 57 DR in 17 x 9 +38 flavor. The car looks amazing, but the car is also daily driven and at times a family hauler.

Rant over.

What size tire? I'm running some stretched 235/40 on my 18x9.5 et38 but don't really have any rubbing issues although I did have to pull the front fenders.

Been driving the hell out of my sedan lately. Seems to be running great, but I'm convinced I should update the injectors and coilpacks just bc it's a new motor and both those have +100k miles on them. Data logging looks solid except for odd swings in fuel correct and learning, and it's a little jerky for the first 5 miles of the day.. Installing a JDM rear sway bar on it soon too.

Wagon's been garaged for over three weeks now, but started and driven up to temp about a week ago. Likely run it again this week, but need to get my new turbo and inlet replaced, and oil leaks solved.

Need to build up my toy funds. They're all tied up in vacation funds at the moment.

what size tire? I'm running some stretched 235/40 on my 18x9.5 et38 but don't really have any rubbing issues although i did have to pull the front fenders.

245/40-17