LegacyGT.com

2020 Toyota Supra

Seems like Toyota is under reporting their power numbers by a significant margin. Stock Supra's are dynoing at 339hp and 427ftlbs at the wheels. Impressive numbers, and explains the 0-60 times.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27543113/2020-toyota-supra-dyno-horsepower/

In addition to individual dyno differences, a preproduction press car may also not be the same as production vehicle. As a historical point, the 1993 MKIV Supra press car ran 13.1 @ 109mph, no stock production MKIV ever ran that fast. Most MT Supra were a few tenths and ran 105/106 trap speeds. Automatics were usually 2mph slower. The fastest I ever saw any stock Supra claim is 107mph. When the car are in the hands of enthusiasts, the hp should be better known if its underrated.

I understand the differences between dynos etc.

That being said how often do you see a stock car putting more down to the wheels then advertised (which is usually at the crank)? Almost never? Dynojets are generous blah blah blah. It's still interesting.

Brought to you by Pfizer

I used to be a die hard jalopnik fan. Then Trump got elected and for some reason every author felt it necessary to lecture readers about how the sky is falling. I want to read about cars, not politics. Haven't been back since.

Snowflake.

Brought to you by Pfizer