LegacyGT.com

Xxr 527

Mak2001

Planning on getting xxr 527 for my 2006 legacy gt on stock suspension. Wondering what the biggest size i can get is without messing around with fenders or stretching tires a lot. Would 18x8.75 +35 work? Or would 17s be the best? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18x8.75 is beyond the limit of the wheel well on a wagon and close to being outside the sedan's, too. Putting a tire on that rim without stretching or rolling the fender is going to require a rubber band tire.

a 265/30/18 would be a good fit if you could find one. It would rub badly everywhere tho

they are wrong. 245 is just fine on a 8" wide wheel. FWIW its the same proportions as putting a 225 on a 7" wide wheel. and people do that all the time. 1"~ 25mm.

So for whoever told you that, remind yourself not to listen to them.

Edited by whitetiger

Confirmed. Went with a 245 40 17 on an 8" wheel, convinced by Xenonk's tire fitment thread. Tiniest bit of pinch, but it's fine. No roll or pull needed with a 45 offset with Hankook V12 Evos, others may need a bit. I'm lowered about an inch too, with max negative factory camber up front and -2 rear. Edited by awfulwaffle