LegacyGT.com

odd response from PA dealership?...

upjeeper

I bought a 2009 Outback in Wisconsin that now seems the transmission is going out.

I've run a carfax and that history indicates it was taken to Cochran Subaru in Butler, PA. So I called that dealership's service department and simply asked what they could tell me about service history on the vehicle. I've done this countless times on Subaru's, Fords, Harley Davidson's, and etc. without ever once a concern. The service adviser said he couldn't share any information about the car's history (i don't care about previous owners, i only want to know if they recommended xyz service or if part abc was going out).

I asked for a manager and he told me no one is available.

I'm not looking to crucify anyone, but this seems sketchy to me.

Does PA have weird vehicle privacy laws? any thoughts?

That is odd but not surprising. No input on the privacy laws but dealerships in general are sketchy.

I bought my LGT from a local Subaru dealer. During the purchase I asked for any service history they had on it. They performed an air bag recall(light was on) and replaced a TPMS sensor(light was on). The salesman stated they had nothing on the car, that it had been traded in and that was all they knew.....

I called about two weeks later and a female service adviser stated they no history on the car. Needless to say I still have that free oil change they gave me....