LegacyGT.com

Consumer Reports Subaru

phuzaxeman

Fixed.

outback xt 5mt 0-60: 5.9

audi a4 0-60: 8.1

you would exclude outback sales to fit your argument. based upon the above, i respectfully think it should be included.

do you have a link which lists an exact breakdown of subie sales (i.e. LGT vs. 2.5i vs. OBXT vs. OB2.5i)? i have been unable to find one.

btw, is that the singer from the sex pistols?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
outback xt 5mt 0-60: 5.9

audi a4 0-60: 8.1

you would exclude outback sales to fit your argument. based upon the above, i respectfully think it should be included.

do you have a link which lists an exact breakdown of subie sales (i.e. LGT vs. 2.5i vs. OBXT vs. OB2.5i)? i have been unable to find one.

btw, is that the singer from the sex pistols?

I don't think 0-60 times have anything to do with whether the Outback should be included. The Outback is a different type of vehicle. Additionally, the Audis are considerably more expensive. Thirdly, how many of those Outbacks are Rent-a-cars? I don't know the answer, but my local Suby dealer had fifteen year-old Hertz rentals for sale when we bought my wife's car in October.

Note also that 66,000 of the 88,000 Legacy/Outbacks are wagons. I think we know what the majority of those cars are, and they are not competitors for the A4.

My point to begin with was in relationship to the LGT. If that wasn't off-topic enough, we've now gotten off-off-topic.

No I don't have a list that breaks it down. I'm probably looking at the same one you are.

It's the bass player, Sid Vicious.

http://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/band2.gif

http://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/headbang.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/headbang.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/headbang.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/headbang.gifhttp://www.msprotege.com:8080/smilies/headbang.gif

Subaru has 1% marketshare, and financial issues. (not as bad as most others, but not largely comfortable, either.)

They have been increasing sales, but not as much as they had hoped, if I remember reading a recent press release correctly.

The legacy is not going to be the next camry. It just isn't going to happen. But a few more units sold would perhaps get a few more dollars spend on options and equipment to make the Legacy a better car.

We'll see what happens if Legacy gets hybrid drive, like NYTimes suggested... that might cater enough to the greenies that they'll take notice...

I agree that Subaru doesn't need to be a mass marketed car, and doesn't want to be. We don't want it to be. But they do need more advertising! I'm a Subaru enthusiast and I had no idea there was a turbo-charged legacy out there until a few months ago!!! I couldn't believe it!!! :icon_surp

As for regional markets: that seems to be the truth, that Subaru is widely known in snow areas but little known in non-snow areas (to varying degrees). We lived in the NC mountains and when it begins snowing up there, Subarus come out of the woodwork! Tons of rusty Loyales, Legacys, etc. that look like they shouldn't be on the road go putting around everywhere! Everyone there loves Subaru.

A year ago we moved 2 hours away to flat land and Subarus are much rarer. When I was selling one of ours, some people would call up and say "what's a Subaru?" They're not very common down here at all.

Which leads me to a funny observation. Down here the only people I see in Subarus are old people and dikes. I'm getting a complex 'cause there ain't any cool people driving around in Subarus! :lol:

I really don't care though. Subarus are like the best kept secret!!! I'm looking forward to sitting at a light in a nice LGT sleeper. :icon_twis Like everyone else, I just want Subaru to market their cars well enough that they don't go bust!

In summary, Subaru continues to get good ratings and rankings, which is awesome, but they need to do a better job telling people about their cars.

Subarus are like the best kept secret!!! I'm looking forward to sitting at a light in a nice LGT sleeper. :icon_twis Like everyone else, I just want Subaru to market their cars well enough that they don't go bust!

In summary, Subaru continues to get good ratings and rankings, which is awesome, but they need to do a better job telling people about their cars.

Part of the problem I think is the mainstream magazines. They tend to completely ignore the LGT when comparing similar cars (unintended bias?). Perhaps I have a selective memory, but I don't recall seeing many (if any) references to the LGT in most sport sedan reviews.

I starting looking at cars to purchase, and the first time I saw/heard of the LGT was when I saw one on the lot. Did my research and was thoroughly impressed with what I found (except the price). Within 3 weeks of "discovering" the LGT, a brand new one was parked in my driveway.

Subaru REALLY needs to get the word out on this car! I pretty much define the market for this car and I didn't know it existed until I found it. The folks who I've shown the car to are VERY impressed, and it has a huge "guy" factor with 250 HP, AWD, and 5MT. It's one helluva sleeper and I LOVE that! The upside of the poor marketing (for me) is that I have yet to see another LGT on the road and that really adds to the exclusivity factor.

they got rid of the ad company that had Lance Armstrong as their main US spokesman. We haven't seen anything else memorable since, except for the awful Tribeca commercials with 'Dust in the Wind' playing

that tribeca ad drove me freaking nuts

Archived