LegacyGT.com

Turbosmart dualport problem

Hello there, I have a little problem with my turbosmart dual port BOV. I have just bought a Turbosmart dualport BOV, used one, second hand, I have install it, but at softest or hardest setting when I rev the car on neutral the BOV stay stuck, my car is on 4 jackstand right now and I can't drive it for now. But is it normal that the piston dosen't move if I rev the car on neutral?

I dissamble it, and clean the piston and o ring, I put oil on it but the piston is very hard to move, I don't know if I must replace the o ring and the spring.

Someone has hint about that problem? How can I test the BOV ? I have removed the 2 oring inside the housing and the piston move freely . I have tried it like that with the spring installed but I have the same problem. There is not enough boost to move the piston in the bov when you don't drive? My car is a Legacy GT 2008 stock.

When there is no load on the engine it will not build enough pressure to open it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Revs = Load :spin:

On the stand or the street revving makes boost and the operation of the BOV/BPV is the same when the throttle plate closes.

If you rev the engine and let off the throttle, when the BOV isnt venting, is it causing turbo flutter? The pressure has to go somewhere, if you hear nothing are you sure you have the induction system plumbed correctly? Do you have the valve set up correctly, per the manufacturers instructions?

Revs = Load :spin:

On the stand or the street revving makes boost and the operation of the BOV/BPV is the same when the throttle plate closes.

If you rev the engine and let off the throttle, when the BOV isnt venting, is it causing turbo flutter? The pressure has to go somewhere, if you hear nothing are you sure you have the induction system plumbed correctly? Do you have the valve set up correctly, per the manufacturers instructions?

The turbo don' seem to flutter but I hear some little back fire on the exhaust. I have try at the softest and hardest setting on bov, same problem. The vacuum work properlly. I remove the vacuum hose and the engine seems to stall(normal) I suspect a leak with the bov