LegacyGT.com

Hey everyone. My wife's 09 Forester XT spun a bearing. Bought a used 08 Legacy GT motor and threw it in. It runs great, but obviously we're driving it like a granny.

I have a Tactrix cable and RomRaider setup, all that jazz.

My question is, can I flash the stock 08 Legacy ECU into the forester? I know they have different transmissions, not sure if that would have any effect.

I did post over to the RomRaider forums, but apparently nobody wants to answer or point me in the right direction.

I did reach out to a few tuners, but I don't have $300+ for a tune so soon after buying a new motor.

I replied over at romraider but basically I think the easiest way forward would be to open both ROMs in romraider, use the Compare function. Then copy the tables that are different, one at a time over to the forester rom.

Then change the injector scalar to suit your injectors.

If you want the tune to be a bit more spicy then copy the tables from this base map (or similar):

https://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4254

Note, you might find some tables are not the same size between the 2 ROMs, that's where you may need to change the scale on the x-axis in ECUflash and also use the interpolation feature in romraider for the data to be close enough.

Edited by moral hazard

From what I can tell the XT had a slightly higher CR (8.4:1 vs 8.2:1), there might be other differences as well. Heads etc.

You have the tactrix cable but you'll need a wideband O2 in order to get it properly tuned.

07+ LGT's switched to higher compression motors too.

VF46, but yes we took out the TD04 with the blown engine. Injectors and TMIC are from the forester.

If you are running the TD04, Forester Injectors and TMIC you should be fine with the STOCK FXT tune. As far as I can remember 2009 FXT EJ's are pretty much identical to the LGT EJ's.

I would not bother with LGT tune because it's meant for a bigger turbo and more boost. Plus it wont be as auto-friendly.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

07+ LGT's switched to higher compression motors too.

If you are running the TD04, Forester Injectors and TMIC you should be fine with the STOCK FXT tune. As far as I can remember 2009 FXT EJ's are pretty much identical to the LGT EJ's.

I would not bother with LGT tune because it's meant for a bigger turbo and more boost. Plus it wont be as auto-friendly.

The Forester is running with the bigger VF46. I'm talking with a tuner now and we're going to do an e-tune and run with it from there.

Running VF46 with forester's tune should be okish still. Forester ECU is calling for about 3* more timing, but since wastegate table summons 3-4psi less boost, it should be a wash.

The issue that you would probably run into is with the wastegate. If the VF46 has a stiffer initial spring, the duty cycles would be off, but this is easy to see/check by doing a single pull and logging the peak boost.

Anyway, good call on just getting it e-tuned, that is obviously the safest bet.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK