LegacyGT.com

s402 BP5 replica

The "emboss" is to match the shape of LGT's hub shape, I suppose. GR STI hub was different.

But brake shoes - I'd think that GR STI 190mm brake shoes should fit.

like new. flat black powder. the emboss for the hub is the only difference between the the s402/rbsti backing plates and the USDM 05 STI backing plates. the 05 STI don't have the emboss. the depth of the emboss is 7mm.
That might be a game changer if all you'd have to do is machine out a 7mm depth for an LGT hub to fit rear brembos. In theory it's easy on a mill. I might have to try to find some 05 sti backing plates and give it a shot.

That might be a game changer if all you'd have to do is machine out a 7mm depth for an LGT hub to fit rear brembos. In theory it's easy on a mill. I might have to try to find some 05 sti backing plates and give it a shot.

Indeed. The end for the adapters, the stupid heavy/expensive rotors and/or adapter parking brake shoes. And ability to have splash shields. :spin:

The "emboss" is to match the shape of LGT's hub shape, I suppose. GR STI hub was different.

But brake shoes - I'd think that GR STI 190mm brake shoes should fit.

correct. that was my point. it is a match to our LGT hubs. it locks in place the hub or helps with something else. it's an expensive add to the production, so there is a reason. is it an important reasons, I'll let ya'all figure that out.

Edited by 05MNLGT

you would need to check the thickness of the USDM plate to see if it's the same as the JDM s402/tbsti plates. to emboss, they might add to the thickness.

again, in the US we can't order parts that start with ST if they didn't come on a USDM nodel. Since the these backing plates were from an JPN STI model, our dealers parts can't order. Some high demand JPN STI parts (like springs) can be bought from online site like RHDjapan and others. For the most part, the united states automakers federation (whatever their name is) has screwed us.

Also the other element to these backing plates is the brake shoes. They don't use the LGT brake shoes because the rotors are a different size. I've ordered some shoes from several USDM subaru models to see which ones work. The brembo package never came on any of the USDM BP/BL LGT.

Someone may be interested in knowing what the part number is if they happen to come across one. Some of the more savvy Yahoo Auction sellers may put the part number other than stating S402 in the title. It’s also order-able from Amazon Japan which ships internationally if someone wants to try ordering a set.

I was able to score an entire new S402 suspension because someone put the part numbers in a thread. Just returning the favor for those interested. Keep up the press your build is coming along great.

Someone may be interested in knowing what the part number is if they happen to come across one. Some of the more savvy Yahoo Auction sellers may put the part number other than stating S402 in the title. It’s also order-able from Amazon Japan which ships internationally if someone wants to try ordering a set.

I was able to score an entire new S402 suspension because someone put the part numbers in a thread. Just returning the favor for those interested. Keep up the press your build is coming along great.

please start your own thread than if you want to post numbers. i've had friends in this forum get band for put too many part numbers in their threads. we don't know why it's a big deal, but i don't want to be one of them.

please remember. shipping to the US can be as much or more than the part itself. my used plates were $325. shipping was $300. i don't use jpn auction sites because they over charge for their service, especially shipping and have a bad reputation with my friends there. I source through friends in JPN.

just a note on this. the backing plate is actually 2 plates stamped together. backing plate and drum mounting plate. if the sti backing plate uses the same 2 plates, you would only have to cut out the hub shape from the drum mounting plate. you won't even need to measure depth.

so many other little easter eggs to revel down the road with the LGT.

Edited by 05MNLGT

here is a little surprise for you LGT nuts. picked up some dual mufflers, but wait, embossed s402 logos?!?!?! Yep. That's right. Turns out the tbsti and some specs 2008+ got standard dual mufflers with STI marker on the tips. My friend in jpn who scored these for me did some research in the STI domain.

During the post facelift rework, the STI team did a modified dual muffler for the tbsti and s402. But they wanted to make the s402 special. They designed the internals to flow easier creating a slightly more aggressive sound.

They stamped the back panel, just below the exhaust tips with s402 so you can see the markings from under the car. The changes to the s402 mufflers added 1179000 yen (USD10,370) to the overall production cost of the s402.

IMG_7973.jpg.e6ebaa42bbf11ca5d1e6dae27269fcb4.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg.98619649741de3260f87708a85849b82.jpg

IMG_7977.jpg.9f259df7da48d7c915e41a208d20c097.jpg

here is a little surprise for you LGT nuts. picked up some dual mufflers, but wait, embossed s402 logos?!?!?! Yep. That's right. Turns out the tbsti and some specs 2008+ got standard dual mufflers with STI marker on the tips. My friend in jpn who scored these for me did some research in the STI domain.

During the post facelift rework, the STI team did a modified dual muffler for the tbsti and s402. But they wanted to make the s402 special. They designed the internals to flow easier creating a slightly more aggressive sound.

They stamped the back panel, just below the exhaust tips with s402 so you can see the markings from under the car. The changes to the s402 mufflers added 1179000 yen (USD10,370) to the overall production cost of the s402.

You made me go and check the set I have sitting in the garage, and wow, what a score. I didn't even realise they were S402's, just thought they were the plain old Spec.B STI twin pipe ones.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...