LegacyGT.com

s402 BP5 replica

• 1 month later...
Those fenders are really nice. Any idea if they're wider over the standard GT fenders?

yes. 20mm on both sides. you need to do a full front post facelift conversion. fenders are $3000 for the pair, includes shipping.

yes. 20mm on both sides. you need to do a full front post facelift conversion. fenders are $3000 for the pair, includes shipping.

Ya I have a face lifted JDM 3.0r premium front clip with spec B grille and STI lip but it didn't come with fenders.

Hmm my local JDM guy can get these for me. I'm interested in wider fender because I'm doing a 11+ STI front control arm & hub which will widen the front track width by 1.3", making fitting wheels under the fenders miserable. The DAMD are fiberglass which are not ideal, though I prefer their styling and had thoughts of integrating the 08-14 STI fender badge into it.

Edited by SAABaruu

It wasn't worth getting an STI transmission to have dccd and a lsd? Front open diff is miserable.

He's doing a production replica. There are other things done to the vehicle that maybe don't make sense from a value/performance stand point. This would be my guess as to why.

Damn, I got a good deal on mine then. Although I still need to figure in the cost to paint.

Glad to see your still giving updates here. I'll get around to making an instagram account sooner or later to keep following. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Damn, I got a good deal on mine then. Although I still need to figure in the cost to paint.

Glad to see your still giving updates here. I'll get around to making an instagram account sooner or later to keep following. ;)

did you get the liners too? they help, but you can modify the usdm ones too.

It wasn't worth getting an STI transmission to have dccd and a lsd? Front open diff is miserable.

the sti tranny was too expensive for the payoff. the dccd would have been a pain also to wire in an 05. i'm a purist (trying to be) about the build, so I changed to the spec b because it's what is in the s402.

currently finished rebuilding the diff on the 6mt. had a small leak in the right rear. backlash play was ok. did some powder coating and por 15 coating.

IMG_2174.thumb.JPG.36bedd68d161c8d3a9257b2d60483123.JPG

IMG_2184.thumb.JPG.46bba48d78322b2f72473a1bb32ddbe9.JPG

Edited by 05MNLGT

picked up these. funny, super cheap to buy in jpn, then you ship it. triple the price of what you paid for the parts.

That's the thing. That's something that is becoming more and more realized as people find the japanese auction sites. That is why JDM things are so expensive here. The parts get re-sold for far more than they are worth to get some sort of profit, let alone some of the money lost on shipping back.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Too bad murica never gets the cool cars. S402, heck any of the s until recently, levorg, civic fiero, new awd yaris hot hatch. Heck we don't even get the new ford Fiesta and Ford is based here!

That's why seeing this s402 replica is so much fun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing. That's something that is becoming more and more realized as people find the japanese auction sites. That is why JDM things are so expensive here. The parts get re-sold for far more than they are worth to get some sort of profit, let alone some of the money lost on shipping back.

it's size and weight that kills you. some stuff is inexpensive to ship, but the heavier or bigger, look out. most of my stuff my friends in jpn buy for me and ship it. the auction sites rip you off on shipping. like the tbsti trailing arms would have been $300 to ship. my friends shipped it with other "business" stuff for $150.

tomorrow the o-ring, gasket and seals are due to arrive so i can finish the diff up. powdered the rear sway bar. 9 yrs it was beat to crap. it's custom made, 24mm. also por 15 the avo sway bar supports and brackets. the avo supports were a mess too.

IMG_2200.jpg.590333bfa2bca6ae6650820d1351683d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
off to the shop the jdm specb 6mt goes to get inspected. also got s402/tbsti bump stop washers. raises the back by 15mm.

I assume these washers only work with the Bilstein struts? Where exactly do they go? Also, I would love to see pics of your interior if you did an EDM conversion as well.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I assume these washers only work with the Bilstein struts? Where exactly do they go? Also, I would love to see pics of your interior if you did an EDM conversion as well.

bump stop are on the frame, they hit the upper control arm. washer go between the frame and the bump.

yes i have the complete edm black post facelift interior.