LegacyGT.com

OEM parts sources

I'm in the midst of a head gasket job and I've been ordering a lot of parts, both OEM and aftermarket. I ordered my OEM parts online via parts.subaru.com, which was processed by a local dealer. The dealer sat on the order for a couple days and now I can't do the work I had planned this weekend. The next weekend I can't work on the car so the dealer's inaction set me back two weeks. Anyway, I'm wondering if there are online OEM sources that respond quickly to orders. Sources closer to the upper left corner of the lower 48 would be preferred to minimize shipping time. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I should add that I did indeed see the source in NY in the Vendors link, as well as Oakos (who supplied my cam tool).

Edited by basket_case

Whereabouts in NY? I used to go to Grand Prix Subaru in Hicksville for all my parts. Great people there.

If you're buying expensive things, or a lot at once, it's usually cheaper to use subarusource.com. It's all OEM genuine Subaru parts at a good discount. But the thing is, you pay shipping, usually like $60. So if you stand to save more than $60 going through them (I usually do), do that, but for smaller orders I'd just stick with the dealership parts desk.

they have good customer service, and they've even reached out to call me for clarification on an order. I don't usually promote online stores but they are good. Just make sure you enter the VIN at check out or leave a note if you're buying for multiple VINs.

Edited by Leggyobw97

I get my stuff off subaru parts depot. It's a dealer in MD but in my experience when I've ordered parts from them and the order takes a while to process it's because their inventory was wrong and they had to have the parts shipped from another dealership

Heuberger Subaru has a great online parts department with quick shipping. They are based in Colorado Springs, CO. Additionally parts ordered online have a dealer discount

Cheers

rdleg05

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, folks. I'll check them out. I know for my Honda, there are three pricing structures. From highest to lowest, it's the dealer counter, through Honda via hondapartsonline.com and then hondapartsnow.com (just one example, there are others). I suspect the same is true for Subaru. I know for a fact that going to the Subaru dealer is more expensive than ordering through parts.subaru.com. However, when you order through the latter, the dealer still has to input your order so it can sit for days if they ignore it.

I'll see if one of the suggestions above is a hondpartsnow.com equivalent for Subaru parts.

Edited by basket_case