LegacyGT.com

My 07 Spec B performance #'s

Yes, you should be on stage 2 cobb ots at least. Going WOT with a 3” downpipe on stage 1 is probably not very good for your motor.

I understand your interest in spirited driving. I love it and I hear ya...

Comparing live view is kind of a waste.

Personally I monitor (live):

Boost, AF correction 1, AF learning 1, Feedback knock correction, Fine learned knock correction, and DAM

BTW how does your DAM look?

As for logging... find a friend or family member or craigslist add with a pc or mac so you can view some logs to make sure you have nothing bad going on that you can’t hear or feel. If you post your logs here there are many members that can help out to resolve any issues that there may be.

I log the following parameters (others may chime in with some differences)

Af1 correction

Af1 learning

Af1 ratio

AvcsR

AvcsL

Calc load

Fbkc

Flkc

Dam

Inj duty cycle

Ign timing

Intake temp

Maf

Maf volt

Primary ign

Rpm

Throttle pos

Wastegate duty

30 seconds idle

60 seconds cruise

3rd gear WOT

Be careful with the WOT and do at your own risk only if you’ve already done some WOT and live view didn’t show fbkc flkc or DAM of less than 1.000

You may have timing pulled via flkc without an actual event happening at that moment. Google it to further understand the knock correction strategy that subaru uses.

You don’t necessarily need an etune or pro tune but it will fine tune your car beyond what the the cobb ots will provide. It will also help if you’re having a problem because the tuner can see issues [in the log] and direct you toward a fix.

Dynamic advance multiplier, also known as IAM (ignition advance multiplier) in non-Cobb-land. That's the coarsest timing adjustment your ECU can make in response to knock. Takes quite a bit of knock to drive down the DAM from its normal value, and is a sure sign of trouble. A stock tune starts at 0.5 after an ECU reset and then goes to 1 after a little bit and stays there unless there's a problem. An aftermarket tune should just have a normal DAM/IAM of 1.

Just to repeat what they've said.

After an ecu reset, IAM/DAM will start low and build up, and once it achieves it's highest value (usually goes from 0.5 to 1.0) that means you're car computer is happy with all the learning adjustments it's made. This shouldn't take the ECU long to do either, maybe a couple drive cycles.

But then if you see that figure drop it means the ECU has told the motor to protect itself bc it's not liking something (knock). That would be a good enough reason to stop driving in boost post haste, and evaluate what the car or you are doing wrong.

Load the stg2 map, but set it up for the 91oct map and run 93oct if available. 93oct only, if available!

I will definitely check those values. The car seems to be loving the tune and feels like it is running beautiful. Idle is around 750 and no hesitation when pressing the throttle. Instant response compared to stock. It's parked for the night m I will check it out the DAM tomorrow.

You can just pull a learning view (LV) and it'll give you a nice summary of DAM, stored timing and fueling adjustments. No idea how to do it on an AP, but I know there's a way.

There isn't a way to pull a LV with an AP unless you have AccessTuner, which now requires a $150 tuning course before Cobb will send you an installer.

OP, if you're interested in learning about tuning and logging, look in the tuning subsection, read the stickies, read up at the RomRaider forums, read up on Cobb's website about tuning. Heavy emphasis on reading. There's a lot of excellent reading material and resource, and the only limit is how much you're willing to sit down and read up on this stuff.

If you're just looking for quick answers, you may not get the best response from folks (on any forum, really), but more importantly, you'll potentially be cutting corners. There's no simple answer to "how is my car running" by just looking at a couple of numbers. You need to understand what they mean for them to be of any use, and once you understand that, you'll know how to log data correctly and present numbers to others on the forums so we can help you out. If you don't feel like learning, go pay a pro-tuner to tune your car and call it a day. You have a great tuner in your area (Tuning Alliance), as well as other great e-tuners active on this forum.

Archived