LegacyGT.com

RCE Yellow group buy for 05-09 Legacy

awfulwaffle

Hey all,

So the story goes, I'm a little disappointed by the spring offerings for the BL/BP platform that can be paired with a stock-style damper. To that end, I noticed there's an high similarity between the OE springs and dampers from the 08-14 WRX and the 05-09 LGT, both of which I have on hand. Less than an inch of difference in length, and the springs fit each others' perches.

As some of you may know, RCE used to make a set of yellow springs for the 08-14 WRX, with a 330 lb/in spring rate (~6k in coilover terms) which is higher than any offering for the Legacy that I'm aware of. I have a set paired with Konis on my WRX, and absolutely love them. I want a set for my Legacy.

Just heard back from RCE, and it looks like they'd be able to do a run if we got 40 people to commit to a group buy. I think that this might be doable between this community and NASIOC. On the Legacy side, I'll be taking some time next month to pull the springs off of my WRX and test fit them on the Legacy.

Assuming that I can confirm that the RCE Yellow springs fit the Legacy for sure, would anyone be interested in a set? Trying to gauge interest at this point. If there's enough between the two forums, I'll turn this into an official group buy thread.

Note that these springs will eat the stock Legacy or LGT dampers, so you'd have to pair them with something like a B8 Bilstein or a Koni, though I doubt they'd be matched exactly to the Bilstein.

Thanks for looking!

Note that these springs will eat the stock Legacy or LGT dampers, so you'd have to pair them with something like a B8 Bilstein or a Koni, though I doubt they'd be matched exactly to the Bilstein.

Pretty much killed the GB with that note. If you provided the dampers, too, you might have better success. however, getting 40 ppl in this day and age to invest $1000 on a moderate upgrade to their 15 year old car is going to be hard.

If you don't want coilovers, you import bilsteins or something similar.

It is what it is. I figure if I had the desire, others might as well. I haven't experienced them eating up OE dampers first hand, that was just a note from RCE. The idea is to include NASIOC in the GB as well.

Either way, I'll confirm that these fit the LGT and check back then.

Archived