LegacyGT.com

Funny story.. Started with, I just dropped a car

like this off for a rental.... I do lyft part time.. I picked up a passenger at the car rental center at the airport yesterday. She started to tell me how she had just driven from NJ to MA. And that she couldn't wait to get home to have a couple glasses to unwind.. As we continued talking she mentioned that she had driven a legacy this time.. Said that she liked the car, but the steering was just SO SENSITIVE. I was like, let me tell you ! She said that she had never driven a car that handled as badly. Simple tasks like turning up the radio was almost impossible because she was so focused on keeping the car in the lane. She thought maybe it was because she was tired.. I was like, it's the car. She kept massaging her hands during the ride saying that she had white knuckles the whole way! Jokingly she said, she was surprised someone hadn't crashed it yet with the way it drove.. She also said it had less than 500 miles on it.. And the most annoying feature was the blind spot warning light on the inside of the mirror. She said mine on the actual mirror itself was what she expected, not a bright orange flash. My point in sharing this story is that she then compared the Legacy to a Dodge Durango she had the week prior and how that car drove like a dream and effortlessly stayed in the lane. At this point, i think all of the car are defective. And Subaru knows it. Hence why the rear suspension has changed on the 2020. And to those who don't "notice" the problem, what else don't you notice? -Pun intended.

Blah Blah Blah!

The only thing about this is funny that you started a new thread just to here yourself laugh.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul![emoji2]

Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Electric power steering takes getting used to. I got so used to it I didn’t even notice my new car had the same feeling until I tried sport mode in it which fakes the old hydraulic steering.

There are enough people with this complaint to convince me this is an issue on some Legacy's, but my 2016 has never been difficult to drive straight. Everything is stock except for interior lighting haha. I do plan on getting a RSB to reduce body roll in the corners though.

It's not every Sixth Gen Legacy. Period. I've lost track of the number of cars and trucks I've driven and my 2015 Legacy handles and steers as well, if not better than most. I rented a Camry a couple years ago and was glad to get back into my Legacy.

I have no sport mode and no altered suspension. It took no getting used to the electric assist steering. Your car and hers appear to have had a problem. I have no tracking complaints with mine.

It's not a matter of "not noticing" and being inept (whether a pun was intended or not).

It's interesting how the opinions can vary so greatly. Almost exclusively the first thing I hear from people when they drive a Subaru for the first time is, "Wow, this is the most easy car to drive I've ever been in," commenting on how the acceleration, brake pedal feel, and steering feel were exactly how they naturally felt a car should have. Most all of them switched to Subaru on their next new car after their experience driving one for the first time.

I've owned a 2016 3.6, a 2017 Premium, and now a 2019 Limited. They have all driven alike each other, we've had zero problems or complaints with how they steer and handle.

The ratio on the steering is fast, just have to get used to it. Dont want to wander down the road stop turning the wheel. Not all of the cars have "the problem", seems like just a few loose nuts behind the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Subaru should have every Legacy owner [who complains about overly sensitive steering response] test drive a BRZ while they wait for a tech to check out their Legacy, especially if there is any grooved pavement around.

I've owned a 2016 3.6, a 2017 Premium, and now a 2019 Limited. They have all driven alike each other, we've had zero problems or complaints with how they steer and handle.

The ratio on the steering is fast, just have to get used to it. Dont want to wander down the road stop turning the wheel. Not all of the cars have "the problem", seems like just a few loose nuts behind the wheel.Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have said this before, and at the risk of repeating myself .... with all the OP's numerous complaints in mind :rolleyes: .... on my highway travels, when safe to do so (straight road and no other traffic) just as a test, I regularly for a short distance, take my hands a few cm's off the steering wheel, and the car drives as straight as an arrow. It is stock standard ... I've left it as the engineers designed it.

It has done so for 3 years. I rotate my tires and get an alignment once a year.

I have said this before, and at the risk of repeating myself .... with all the OP's numerous complaints in mind :rolleyes: .... on my highway travels, when safe to do so (straight road and no other traffic) just as a test, I regularly for a short distance, take my hands a few cm's off the steering wheel, and the car drives as straight as an arrow. It is stock standard ... I've left it as the engineers designed it.

It has done so for 3 years. I rotate my tires and get an alignment once a year.

Hmm, I do the same thing. My cars are also completely stock but for interior lighting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had mine for four years / 73k miles. Loved it. Only issues were daughter induced. Only major recall was the windshield which they took care of quickly. The only things I replaced were tires, brakes and battery over time.

I miss it. I might get another one if I don’t switch to the Outback (need room for two dogs).

I'm approaching 100,000 miles on my 2013 and the steering and alignment is fine. It handles tight and is very responsive. Back in 2012, I test drove several 2012 year Legacy's, including 2.5 and 3.6. Then I test drove a 2013 that just came off the delivery truck, and the dealer didn't even want to show it to me.

The steering, handling, highway driving, engine and transmission tuning were MUCH different and more refined than the 2012 model. And this was (and is my first Subaru) And so I bought the 2013 2.5 Limited in August of 2012, hot off the assembly line. Unfortunately that put me into the 1% of engines burning lots of oil, per VIN#, and I needed the short block replacement. But that's another story!

My next car might also be an Outback, for more rear cargo room and a little more ruggedness and exterior protection.

I've been driving a 19 Legacy sport for the almost a month now as a loaner - while the electric steering feels different, I have had zero issues driving the car - it goes just fine. I like the blind spot warning location (inside of the mirror instead of on the mirror) - other than having to get used to something that I don't have on my car, it's been a non issue (pretty sure you can turn the blind spot monitoring, etc. off if you don't like it) Functionally, the car seems just fine - that said, I wonder if part of the problem was the lady was used to driving a big SUV, so going to a sedan was less boat-like or something like that...

... i think all of the car are defective. And Subaru knows it. Hence why the rear suspension has changed on the 2020.

Bulldust! MY 2020 brings the new Subaru "global" chassis platform to Legacy and Outback, and rear suspension is part of that. Evolutionary design changes and improvements are not an admission that previous product designs were somehow defective (... unless you're a product liability lawyer, which you most certainly are not).

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Archived