LegacyGT.com

Stock fueling with a BNR 16g

Can anyone running this with stock fueling chime in here and let me know if they had any issues with adjustment of the wastegate to run the 16g with stock fueling?

Any adjustments made to the wastegate arm?

Any input is appreciated

stock fueling won't be enough when you start pushing higher boost. Your IDC will be close to maxed out towards the upper boost limits. Also the stock fuel pump should be upgraded at the very least as it has trouble keeping up with stock.

What if the boost levels are kept to a minimum?

Specifically states on the BNR website that it can be run safely with stock fueling

IMG_4794.thumb.jpg.76e0fc82df3f59c00f38f14948d582d1.jpg

My tuner also brought this to my attention and explained that boost levels would be lower (which is ok with me...not racecar) for now as I’m dealing with a VF40 on its last leg and fuel upgrades aren’t in the cards right now

Thanks for the input but not what I’m asking. I’m aware that the turbo is optimized with upgraded fueling but also can be run at lower boost levels with stock fueling. Searching for adjustments made to do so. Anyone running with stock fueling?

My tuner also brought this to my attention and explained that boost levels would be lower (which is ok with me...not racecar) for now as I’m dealing with a VF40 on its last leg and fuel upgrades aren’t in the cards right now

You can pay your tuner to tune such that your boost targets/tapers are within the capabilities of the stock fueling components and plan to upgrade the rest of the fueling at a later date then get re-tuned to take advantage. Costly but doable. If you don't want to touch the rest of the fuel delivery system and you want to not worry, why not buy a VF40 and be done with it?

From your post, you want a solution with the least amount of variables, stock has the least amount of variables :) and given the constrained conditions the BNR16G will be operating under the VF40 checks all the boxes. Price wise youll spend less on the VF40 overall than the BNR16G (turbo+install+tune+supporting bits)

Running stock aside from the pump upgrade to DW65C. My tuner said my limitation is still the pump. Currently at a 15psi limit also due to a high milage 5EAT. It requires some added attention to be made for it to work but it can.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. Wanted to buy one turbo. Another tune will cost me less than a new or JMP’d VF40. Fuel upgrades will be done in due time just not right now and current VF40 is shot. That’s why I went with the BNR. Can run it with stage 2ish boost on stock fuel and still be fun and then get some real fun out of it when I get to the fuel upgrades with just another tune

Woh there... Stock fueling HW but not stock tune... You will need a specific tune. Even the Cob stage 2 is lean with a stock DP and 16G according to my last etuners comments. So there is something to be cautious about just throwing a 16G at it without some attention to fueling headroom. With a tuner to get it right. There are cost effective options out there.

Woh there... Stock fueling HW but not stock tune... You will need a specific tune. Even the Cob stage 2 is lean with a stock DP and 16G according to my last etuners comments. So there is something to be cautious about just throwing a 16G at it without some attention to fueling headroom. With a tuner to get it right. There are cost effective options out there.

I was just using “stage 2ish” as a ballpark comparative boost level figure. Not that I’m just throwing this stuff on my car and flashing a stage 2 OTS map on and crossing my fingers. Haha. Sorry for the confusion

I already have a base map for the 16g and the other mods on my car. I have spoken with my tuner also and he said almost to a T what you are. It’s just I’m fanatical and like to hear affirmation from 14 different sources before I’m ok with something. This is my 3rd Suby. I’m aware they’re not the “oh I can just add this part without a tune and it won’t make a difference” car.

All the input is appreciated. Your concern for me blowing up my engine even more appreciated. Everyone is extremely friendly on this forum. Nice to be part of a community like that

Archived