LegacyGT.com

2013 CVT Subaru fluid/oil

amusa

I'm doing the CVT fluid change on my 2013 Legacy 2.5i Prem. I'm confuse on the fluid type. I can't get a clear answer and I'm confuse on these (3) CVT oils that I found researching but none will tell you what the 2013 Legacy 2.5i takes and it's not even listed in the Subaru manual. I need to know which fluid is the correct one for my CVT trans. I believe it takes 7 quarts. Can some one confirm this?

CVT ATF C-30 (No longer available, replaced by CVTF-II)

CVTF-II - SOA427V1660

CVT ATF High Torque - SOA748V0200

I think I may just pick up the CVTF-II. If I can't get an answer.

I'm pretty sure the High Torque fluid (orange color) is for the 3.6R

I was thinking the same way.

I already order 10qts of CVTF-II (blue/green color), fill/check plug o-rings and TPMS from Subaru to be deliver to one of my friend's shop. I be putting the Legacy on a 2 post lift maybe this Friday or next Friday.

It was CVTF-II. I drained it and saw a little Green in color. 98k miles it was pitch black.

Some advice with the CVT oil.

• I removed the fill plug about a 1/2 gallon came out. Don't freak out!
  • Your going to get (4) quarts of oil into the fill plug (I pumped it in). To get the other (2) quarts in. I had the engine running. I left it in Park and did not touch the trans gear. It takes a total of 5.75 quarts.

First time I did any CVT. I feel more comfortable now with it. Doing the next one at 130k.

Archived