LegacyGT.com

TireRack and taxes on internet sales

4555grip

For your information guys, Tirerack is now charging taxes to most internet buyers, depending on your state, sales tax may vary. In NY I get charged full state tax regardless of where in the US. I spoke with a representative from TireRack over the phone on 3/21/19 and he said the Supreme court ruled that all internet sellers must charge sales tax as of six months ago.

A set of rims I wanted would have cost me $553 shipped now costs $600, and if you want to pick up the rims or tires from a close by depot you will save on pickup fees but taxes still apply. Some common sense tells me free shipping is been paid by the buyer.

• 2 weeks later...

So, you think its ok to cheat your state out of tax dollars it needs to operate. Where do you think the money comes from to run your state ?

If you don't want to pay sales tax to your state, stop buying things.

That'll teach them.

Really we all feel your pain. It was a loop hole they now of closed.

Same with free shipping, someone has to pay...did you really think you were getting it for free shipping all these years... It UPS shipped everything for free, do you think they would still be in business.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived