LegacyGT.com

Electronics and 2009 H-6 Outback DVD navigation

Apologies for cross-posting, but this one may be hard to find answers to!

I have a 2009 Outback H-6 that got some significant water from the sunroof on the floor (an inch or so). That has killed the DVD that reads the navigation DVDs and am missing quite a bit of the data normally on the Navigation panel. I was going to replace the whole DVD-based system with an aftermarket radio/nav unit in the dash and scrap the outmoded DVD stuff altogether. BUT when I checked Crutchfield for the needed new stuff both their Internet app and a live person said "replacing the radio in that car is not recommended." ???? Does anyone know of source for a dual DIN setup that WILL work with my car? Preferably someone who has actually done this? All help gratefully acknowledged!

There is a thread on here some where about doing that. scroll though the forums you'll come across it. It could be below in this forum.

I never paid much attention to it, but its here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived