LegacyGT.com

Has anyone needed to use the PZEV emissions warranty?

My wife just got the dreaded p0420 code on her 2011 legacy premium 2.5 NA. My wife went to the dealer and they tell her "bad cat" after I ran the code and told her the same thing for free. Anyway, after reading pretty much every thread on this site and the subaru outback forum, I looked for exhaust leaks and tried a few of the tricks to include changing the 2 sensors and the code remains.

If you used this warranty, was it a simple process of the car failing at the dealership or was it a giant PITA? The car has 104k so plenty of buffer to 150k. The dealer wanted 2500 to change out the cat here in VA so I have no problem registering the car at my cabin in NY if to get this fixed under warranty.

Most warranty work will depend on the dealer and the history of the vehicle. I am sure someone has used it, but I can't recall any feedback from this forum. Best thing to do is get in the warranty booklet and find the information you need. I believe emissions components is 8yrs or some mileage, so be sure it isn't past the timeline or mileage for warranty coverage.

Archived