LegacyGT.com

Need advice, 180k maintenance also

So long story short, my 05 legacy GT is approaching 180k miles. what are some of the must dos for the 180k service? timing belt, coolant flush, water pump?

Also I'm torn between selling the car and keeping it. I currently have a civic also and a impreza which all in all do the same things. why do you keep your legacy gt?

Timing belt is 100k miles. If it hasn't been done it needs to be done ASAP. To get to the timing belt you remove the radiator. Might as well put new coolant in. Because the water pump is right there, might as well change it.

At 180k I would also do all the pulleys.

Timing belt is 100k miles. If it hasn't been done it needs to be done ASAP. To get to the timing belt you remove the radiator. Might as well put new coolant in. Because the water pump is right there, might as well change it.

At 180k I would also do all the pulleys.

timing belt and stuff was done at about 90k, should i replace it again?

for the pulleys, should i go lightweight pulleys or oem? the car is tuned supposedly by infamous1 but don't have a record of it.

You can wait another 15,000 before the TB kit is replaced.

Are you changing the rear diff and front diff fluids every 30,000 miles ?

How do you think the other cars do the same thing, do they push you back in the seat like the GT when you go to WOT ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You can wait another 15,000 before the TB kit is replaced.

Are you changing the rear diff and front diff fluids every 30,000 miles ?

How do you think the other cars do the same thing, do they push you back in the seat like the GT when you go to WOT ?

tb is the throttle body correct? the whole thing needs to be replaced?

yeah, i recently did the clutch also and drained the diff fluid again but i've been changing it ever 30k miles

to answer the pushing back in the seat, in my '18 civic with the ktuner + intake my gf said she felt her soul leave her body haha, but it does not hot have a sun roof or heated seats which is a major bummer but the legacy has that.

tb is the throttle body correct? the whole thing needs to be replaced?

yeah, i recently did the clutch also and drained the diff fluid again but i've been changing it ever 30k miles

to answer the pushing back in the seat, in my '18 civic with the ktuner + intake my gf said she felt her soul leave her body haha, but it does not hot have a sun roof or heated seats which is a major bummer but the legacy has that.

TB is normally throttle body. But I think Max meant timing belt in this case. Old people these days. To lazy to type out full words.

Archived