LegacyGT.com

Can anyone take a look at this ecu flash screen shot and tell me if it is normal

Computron

So just a quick recap, I have a 2008 legacy gt, I just bought the car a month and a half ago, the car has a remanufactured engine, which I believe is from an 05-06 GT (has banjo bolts filters and double cat) none of which was reported to Carfax of course. Anyway the car has been in repairs for the last 6 weeks and this is the first day I had it, I pulled a copy of my ecu from ecuflash and here are two screen shots, it is the second one I would like someone to tell me if it looks like someone has been monkeying around with the ecu or not. It just doesn't look like it should be there.

scrren-shot-1.thumb.jpg.f21ff3b13c576656ea58b624f705bf0c.jpg

screen-shot-2.thumb.jpg.e53e7a135fc9bb1ccb499b72b4707b34.jpg

Easiest way to tell is go here and download a stock copy of your rom A2TB001C.

https://romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7591&sid=bb0e7e97596899cf15b79e57c65e94c0

Then open both your copy and the stock one in romraider. Then use the compare function and see if any map is different.

Other option is open both copies in a hex editor and use a compare function in that tool.

So just a quick recap, I have a 2008 legacy gt, I just bought the car a month and a half ago, the car has a re manufactured engine, which I believe is from an 05-06 GT (has banjo bolts filters and double cat) none of which was reported to Carfax of course. Anyway the car has been in repairs for the last 6 weeks and this is the first day I had it, I pulled a copy of my ecu from ecuflash and here are two screen shots, it is the second one I would like someone to tell me if it looks like someone has been monkeying around with the ecu or not. It just doesn't look like it should be there.

Hi Computron,

Your not actually showing us any table data, your just showing us your available tables.

Dont be spooked by all the stuff in the left menus, it doesnt necessarily mean it exists in the ECU, you just have available definitions for possible tables in your XMLs. You can make them say "peanut butter sandwich" as a table name in the XMLs, but have a completely stock rom.

Archived