LegacyGT.com

Please help. Headlights are acting like children.

The scene: 04 Legacy sedan 35th AE small amount of front end damage, no wire damage that I can see, Buffalo NY, snow on the ground, 16°f with a nasty bite, driveway mechanic for 9 yrs.

The issue: so I bought a Subaru, stoked, going through everything and I find the low beams don't work. Ok, no sweat, AutoZone here I come. New bulbs in (9005 Sylvania). Nothing. Fuses, good. Swap every relay that's exactly the same, nothing, horn blows. Hi beams are great. Markers are good. No fogs, no lows.

Google: brings me here, I search the forums, try swapping fuses, more relays (why did someone say pull 3 and 4? That's fuel pump and something else I can't remember ATM). Still no lows.

DRL: have not unplugged white yet. DRL no work when car is running, in drive, with no e brake on at all.

So here I am, site noob with car xp, looking for help. Don't have a voltage meter, willing to mess with wires, but I am stumped on this one.

So I will be driving to work at 4am with high beams tonight, but I need to figure this out sorta soon. Lucky I get out when it's daylight. Please help.

Welcome aboard. Local to you I am up in Lockport. I am not too familiar with that body style but am wondering if it is a problem with the switch/stalk or on the column. I know you said no to a volt meter but do you have a test light? Check for power at the plugs, although for them all to be out, I am thinking switch, relay or fuse, which you said you tinkered with.

The good news, 50 and rain for us by Sunday! If I can assist, give a holler.

Some good info: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/no-low-beam-headlights-196492p3.html

I do hear a notable click from both the column and the relay under hood . Don't think the column should click. I'll rip that apart in the morning after work and let you know what I find. In the meantime, I will be spreading mud on the lenses to reduce the intensity of the high beams. Lol ?

Just leave the nasty salt scum on the headlights that all of our vehicles have accumulated as of late. Old man winter can go back to bed now, had enough.

Be careful working around the wheel/airbag. Good luck.

Ok, 3am, cold as ice outside, look under dash.....'KEVIN, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY ROOM!?'

WHO knows what about under there,.? I mean there are wires cut, clips undone, several boxes with a white and black cord going to them

O and to clear things up about the model, Im pretty sure it's a legacy with an extra sticker on the fender, but I've been wrong before...

It sounds like you bought someone else's issue. Does it have a remote starter? The box and cut wires could have been that, although could be something other as well. You need to find a svc manual with wiring schematics and go from there.

Remote starter is present but doesn't work. Have pics but have in trouble uploading... security token issue?... Will try to upload to 'album'. Someone's problem or not, it's now become mine (but for 500 bucks with 130k and a timing belt replaced at 99k.....). So I'm going to search the forums for some diagrams, trace the wires, checking connections and grounds. I shall return with news.

I had issues posting in threads and pics when I joined. Contact an admin and ask for help.

I am sure you will get it sorted out with the help available here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Archived