LegacyGT.com

Fold down rear seats

I was wondering if you fold down the rear seats , can a 6’ person put an air mattress down and stretch out at a rest area?

Sorry if this seems like an off the wall question, but I do a lot of driving ,sometimes cross country.

A hour or so nap does the trick.

Take a look at the measurements here: https://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2011.html#dimensions

That's the 2011 page, since those dimensions aren't shown on the '14 page for some reason, but the measurements should be identical across all 5 years of this generation. Dimension K is the one you're looking at, and based on that, it looks like you might have to get a little diagonal or sleep on your side. Definitely looks workable, though.

I crawled in there the other way to adjust my trunk latch once, and I can tell you there isn't much room in the pass through from the trunk to the seats. You could probably make it work, but not with a thick air mattress.

I crawled in there the other way to adjust my trunk latch once, and I can tell you there isn't much room in the pass through from the trunk to the seats. You could probably make it work, but not with a thick air mattress.
Yeah this^^

I would recline the front seat and sleep in it myself. Or across the back seat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have taken naps before in my 5th Gen, I just recline the drivers seat back. If you were going to sleep with the seats folded down and in the back, I would think you would need one of those thin air mattresses that look like foam pads.

I guess they call them self inflating pads.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Self-Inflating-Camping-Pad-Pillow/dp/B00BF9IYO4/ref=pd_day0_hl_468_1/135-6217848-6923805?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00BF9IYO4&pd_rd_r=3e7cfdc6-4079-11e9-b3da-9de4a55f7ce9&pd_rd_w=NQwRM&pd_rd_wg=VZcE1&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=5DTE9G33S2MF77TEVMJ3&psc=1&refRID=5DTE9G33S2MF77TEVMJ3

eggactly what they said...

Archived